Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan to Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 15 Jun 2024

@Julien Recan @Aser @Brett Eicher @Gurcharan Mehta @azad @Gautam Banka

Last updates for tomorrow

Meeting at 06:00 am at https://maps.app.goo.gl/r5LPyKms6XuG5Un58

The convoy order will be 

image.png.de8326756f2ba82a392b6929e0d90f84.png

We will use Carnity Radio Frequency 5.

Take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry @JeromeFJ I'll have to remove myself, my AC Compressor started smoking earlier and making a weird grinding sound. I tried poking around with it, but... I think the internals fused together and I can't seem to get it to declutch. Back to the garage we go.... 😝

1 hour ago, Brett Eicher said:

Sorry @JeromeFJ I'll have to remove myself, my AC Compressor started smoking earlier and making a weird grinding sound. I tried poking around with it, but... I think the internals fused together and I can't seem to get it to declutch. Back to the garage we go.... 😝

Sorry to miss you @Brett Eicher

@JeromeFJ. During the Last drive I had broken my crankshaft sensor. Yesterday evening got the car back from the workshop after replacing it. Was on my way right now but the engine is making strange sound ( as if I am driving on 4 hi ) and my dashboard is showing system fault. I am turning back home now. Will take my car back to the workshop. Hopefully  see you on the next drive. 

20240615_043341.jpg

• WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, azad said:

@JeromeFJ. During the Last drive I had broken my crankshaft sensor. Yesterday evening got the car back from the workshop after replacing it. Was on my way right now but the engine is making strange sound ( as if I am driving on 4 hi ) and my dashboard is showing system fault. I am turning back home now. Will take my car back to the workshop. Hopefully  see you on the next drive. 

20240615_043341.jpg

See you next time

Great drive today to start the long weekend. I had the privilege to lead a pack of powerful Jeeps, starving for big dunes and high climbs ! And I believe we had had it all, from the start in the big dunes and bowls of Sweihan, continuing through the more open dunes and ridges in the direction of Nagrah. You were all focused on your lines, keeping the flow, so we just kept driving, silent on the radio, enjoying the desert.

After a small break (thank you @Gautam Banka for the cold drinks) we reached Nagrah. On the second climb, crossing from the top, 2 cars were missing... @Batuhan Kulac 'x car unfortunately had an oil leak... The heat, the high climbs, and the vibrations from cross tracks are demanding conditions for the cars... We drove quietly to an exit point to leave Batuhan, and continued with the 4 remaining Jeeps.

This last hour was the opportunity to explore a very nice portion close to the enclosed palm grove, mid-size technical, and to finish with a last run in the big reddish dunes of Sweihan. 85 km (incl 14 km on track) in less than 4h, with only 35 min stopped time, we made the most of the morning, and it was definitely worth the early wake-up.

@Batuhan Kulac, i hope you can rapidly fix your car, @Julien Recan, @Aser @Gurcharan Mehta @Gautam Banka excellent driving, barely one refusal for each of you. thanks again for joining, and enjoy the rest of the weekend !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

An high paced and varied drive. Thanks @JeromeFJ, best start to a week-end. We were able to alternate high dunes, ridge riding and more technical area with very few stops.

@Batuhan Kulac I hope you find out where the leak comes from and can come back for more soon enough !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Wonderful Sweihan tall dunes drive... loved it enjoyed it. @JeromeFJ it was a pleasure driving with you and the team... as you mentioned, hardly any refusal.... nice ridge riding & crossings, thanks for the drive and thanks to @Gautam Banka for the drinks (very refreshing)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use