Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sharjah - Big Red Return - 21 Jun 2024

Hello everyone 

Summer is hitting back  so are my night drives. We will be looping back and forth around big red over and over taking the advantage of the full moon light to lit our path and the contours of the dunes . We will be hoping from cluster to another which is peculiar in this area . Caution and vigilance is of paramount important here. 
regarding this type of Drive please make your best to come alone and no passengers as motion sickness can be very unpleasant situation . 
check your engine and gear ahead please . 

enjoy 

image.jpeg.a6b377c6e5a8e8ae6595e7a4b768b93e.jpeg

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above (all levels)

Meeting time: Friday  22:00  (departure time)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Ei5kSTnXtx3VpEcb9

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: Saturday 02:00 

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

RECOMMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Carnity changed the title to Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sharjah - Big Red Return - 21 Jun 2024

Hello there, I have only the stock lights, will it be enough to join this drive. Secondly it will be my first night drive any special requirements? Kindly advise 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mahesh_ said:

Hello there, I have only the stock lights, will it be enough to join this drive. Secondly it will be my first night drive any special requirements? Kindly advise 

@Mahesh_ Driving in night is a different experience, some enjoy it and some dont...:) very subjective. 

However based on my personal experience, I would recommend you do one NB or FB drive, and understand if thats your taste and comfort...personally me too I dont have off road lights, but more than that i have 50% tinted glasses, so i realised my enjoyment is Day light drives but once in a while, specially closer to full moon I love twilight and night drive too:)...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I agree with @DP1011 night driving is different than day light . The visibility is limited and the speed is lower obviously however the level of difficulty as per the drive level remains the same more or less. 

@Mahesh_ don’t worry if it’s your first Drive in the night . Stock high light beam with fog lights on is sufficient and the offroad lights is necessary for the first car leading . See you today evening inshallah . 

Hi @M.Seidam sorry for the late notice but I’m going to have to cancel the drive this evening. 

my car ran into an issue on Monday alternator broke giving loud rattling sounds. Doenst seem like it’ll be done by today. Sorry. I hope to see you soon mate 

• Sad (0) 2

6 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

I agree with @DP1011 night driving is different than day light . The visibility is limited and the speed is lower obviously however the level of difficulty as per the drive level remains the same more or less. 

@Mahesh_ don’t worry if it’s your first Drive in the night . Stock high light beam with fog lights on is sufficient and the offroad lights is necessary for the first car leading . See you today evening inshallah . 

Thanks lot for your kind advise... Let me try it out....

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Hi @M.Seidam sorry for the late notice but I’m going to have to cancel the drive this evening. 

my car ran into an issue on Monday alternator broke giving loud rattling sounds. Doenst seem like it’ll be done by today. Sorry. I hope to see you soon mate 

No worries dear Ben , there will be lots of these night drives inshallah 

1 hour ago, Robk said:

Hi @M.Seidam sorry have to drop out for tonight.

No worries!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Friends

Good evening and welcome again to the Carnity Night Drives 

Please make Sure you have  your Radios are fully charged and set to carnity channel 2 frequency . make final check on your gear as per your level and your car fliuds and recovery points.

dont worry if its your first  night drive we will highlight it during the briefing on site.

Please be on time 22:00 or bit earlier so we start sooner and finish on time , Inshallah

the convoy order will go as such

1. Mohamed Seidam  Lead      White Xterra 

2. @Zulfikhar Naiyar 2nd L     Silver Xterra

3. @Mahesh_                         Green Wrangler

4. @Luke K P                          Orange Raptor Ranger

5. @Aser                                Black Wrangler

6. @waqar                             Black Wrangler

7. @Senthil Kumar   SWP       Red Wrangler

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks for leading the drive tonight @M.Seidam, and for the 2L @Zulfikhar Naiyar and @Senthil Kumar sweeping for us.

We started on time with a full moon, and started doing some 'spagetthi' moves on the southern side of big red before moving around to the east for more, then we stopped for some moon gazing (it's a strawberry full moon at the moment to Mark the summer solstice!)

A few climbs later @Zulfikhar Naiyar noticed his temps rising and we stopped to do a makeshift coolant change and to re attach some hoses. After a quick boost start we headed slowly to the exit as the XTERRA night was over. 

We then headed back to climb big red when @Aser and @waqar had an unfortunate meeting with a ditch. I exited the drive with @Aserand we listened to the other recovery while reinflating over the radios.

Nice meeting you @Mahesh_👋

Hope the rest of the drive was good fun, repairs get done quickly, and everyone has a good weekend. 

PS, we drive about 50kph from expo back to Abu Dhabi cos of EXTREME FOG... 😅😅😅😅

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use