•  
Advertise here

*DRIFTING*

Whatt ... is there really something like drifting in the UAE?? I think I have gotten too old now or just too disconnected from the world. Yes please give me some information about this sickk art 8-)

Are there drifting classes held over here in the UAE? (Another question added to your list)

So anyone gave this practice a shot? Apparently you have to get really really good at using the hand-brake. the best way to practice is by placing cones or drums in different places where you can drift around them.

The official Drift Competition was held at Yas Marina Circuit in 2012 - I couldn't make it and wonder when the next one is going to be.

By the way I was reading this and thought I would share some practice techniques too:

http://driftmission.com/guides/technique-practice-guide/

Drifting looks wow and impressive motorsport but it comes with cost attached. The car that you choose to drift should have enough horsepower (either naturally aspirated or by re-tuned optimize ECU map), then you need solid hand brake, better brakes, few set of special tires that is drifting friendly, Safe place to drift and proper training.

Drifting with our daily drive car is a very wrong thing that you can ever think of, because it lacks in almost all the things i mentioned above. Added with additional stress you will put on car that is design for cruising and by pushing so hard you will damage lot of car components like engine, gearbox, brake pads, brake disc, engine foundation, axle, axle boot, tires and list goes on....!

If you want it for the thrill, then do what nicholas suggested to go with professional car and training and do it and pay the price and walk out. If you want it for your own car, then make it ready worth for drifting and then learn or do in safe place.

I am speaking out of my own experience that me and my friends use to try drifting in empty parking lot in rashidiya and after couple of days all of our car suffered heavy damages and when we started receiving repairing bills, we realize that we can't afford such expensive motorsport at this age and at this financial level of our life. So learn from our experience as we have already bitten once twice shy.

• 2 weeks later...