Advertise here

Which Jeep you prefer: Used vs. new and why?

• 2 weeks later...

Have never bought a used vehicle! Would prolli never buy a used 4x4 unless I want surprises! "Never been off-road, mint condition, never been in sand and the best..Lady driven!" LMAO

Do you really trust them? Buying a second hand is maybe better for a Newbie and if it's the weekend drive! If you abuse the car and damage parts, it's not that painful! You should have some bucks on the side for spare parts and plenty of time for fixing!

The amount you save on depreciation you can keep half aside for first year of maint and surprises.

But i agree on time wastage. If time is money in your case then go for new else used.

I love using used cars, as it saves me a lot of money and i can change themn every two years for fun w/o loosing much on resale. My two cents.

Depends if you are capable with your hands or not? I love YJ, so they will always be second hand; it took me about a year to get it reliable, but now it is the bomb! Incredible, versatile and easy to fix on the go (when doing Liwa runs!)... That being said; I agree with bettypo!

I would go for the new one especially if I have the budget for it. The only time I would buy an old Jeep is if it is being sold because of an emergency or if the seller is going abroad and never coming back. Those are the good deals but even then I would still hesitate buying it.