Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Lisalli - Dubai - 01 Jun 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Newbie drive, meeting at Lisalli meeting point, please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  01 Jun 2024, Saturday

Meeting time:   14:30 (2:30PM) - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/4SHjXMF9BYnykHp48

Approximate finish time:  18:30 (6:30PM)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

Dear Desert Wanderers @Prithvi Raj, @Jon L, @Martin Schwaiger, @Giacomo, @J-P L, @Zubail, @Gary F, @Rajath Shetty, @Pramod B, @Nicolò, @Adam Black, @Jeevan Koshy and @Hani crest king.

Convoy order will be as below, please be at Lissali flag up and deflated at 14:30 ready for the briefing. We will be using Ch4 446.081 for this drive.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow afternoon :)

image.png.cadf5c664b31c0e0ef2e257ff814d82c.png

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you so much @Davie Chase and @Gary F for such an awesome drive today, we had really enjoyed it, especially the last one hour drive was incredible until at end I had my tire pop out. Thank you @Davie Chase and @Gary F for your immediate attention and patience to get it fixed. I thank you the team who were truly a helping hand. 
And yes @Davie Chase I will make sure that I get the spare tire 😊

However this was a good learning experience for me and the team as well 😊

Have a great weekend and see you all on the sand soon 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Superb drive today gents and if i have one take from today is the essence of carnity spirit. A true community proud to be part off with every single member and especially marshals and leaders walking the talk where all is one team, no one is left behind with safety coming first. 

@Davie Chase @Gary F admire your way of sharing knowledge, patience and unselfish way of giving from your time to support us with a good time. thank you and god bless. I still owe you a crest that @Gary F almost handed us (i’m also known to be contagious). 

4 minutes ago, Pramod B said:

Thank you so much @Davie Chase and @Gary F for such an awesome drive today, we had really enjoyed it, especially the last one hour drive was incredible until at end I had my tire pop out. Thank you @Davie Chase and @Gary F for your immediate attention and patience to get it fixed. I thank you the team who were truly a helping hand. 
And yes @Davie Chase I will make sure that I get the spare tire 😊

However this was a good learning experience for me and the team as well 😊

Have a great weekend and see you all on the sand soon 

Driving in the desert will always be a constant learning curve for all of us. Also that tire you had is your spare tire :)  
great drive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers @Prithvi Raj, @Jon L, @Martin Schwaiger, @Giacomo, @J-P L, @Zubail, @Gary F, @Rajath Shetty, @Pramod B, @Nicolò, @Adam Black, @Jeevan Koshy and @Hani crest king. Firstly, thank you all for being on time and ready to go yesterday and being attentive during the briefing which we managed to get through in somewhat of a shaded area in Lisalli, however, it was still very hot.

We started the drive with the car temp gauge reading a whopping 48 degrees, probably one of the hottest starts to a drive I have seen to be fair. I was expecting a few issues due to the heat, however, we had very few with just a couple of stops for water spraying on radiators and transmission coolers. 

We started off in more of a scenic drive route but managed to end with a more normalized drive. having only one stuck and a handful of refusals. This was due to the fact that you all drove fantastically throughout he drive. we had less refusals in the latter stages as we got to grips with the tire pressures and your confidence grew, so well done to all.

Great S/L by @Prithvi Raj smoothing the lines for the convoy to follow, great job well done.

Our sweep @Hani crest king, well what can we say, amazing job my friend, calm and informative as well as knowledgeable, it has been a pleasure to watch you grow, I would say watch this space for a future leader.

My C/F for the drive was @Gary F always a comfort to have you in the convoy and you managed the middle with ease and expertise, keeping everyone calm and handling the few refusals we had with expertise and a calming manner with clear and concise instructions, this made a great learning experience for all and was a pleasure to witness.

We ended the drive with my first pop out that refused to go over the bead no matter what we tried. and ended up with having to change for the spare, this took a lot longer than we anticipated so thank you all for your patience.

Just to finish @Gary F tried to take @Hani crest king's title by a cresting literally 30 meters from the exit track. great self recovery, and just goes to show it can happen to the best of us.

Great drive, great team work, great afternoon out, thank you all for making it an enjoyable afternoon, even though it was a oven out there :)

Have a fantastic rest of your weekend

• Thanks (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use