Advertise here

LR3 Quest

ADlR3

Thank you All for your follow up and concern, my LR3 is in week 2 now and all is going well, I have driven 2000 kilometers so far and no major issues, Hopefully it will remain that way :-)

I do have a couple of questions though and excuse the ignorance if they sound dum, when I stop on traffic lights, and want to get moving again the engine roar is too high for the first couple of seconds, is that normal for LR's or something is wrong?

When on 1000 rpm exactly there is a little shaking in the engine, I am doubting one of the ignition coils, but I am not getting any codes, I went to abu sakoor in musaffah but he said he doesn't have computer reader, but he is sure it is an electrical problem and not to worry. Should I, or it can wait until I have a chance to take it to aaa or have the finances again to take it to dealer???

I am becoming more comfortable with it now, and my love for it is coming back :D So I will be keeping a close eye for rides to come and finally get to meet you guys.

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards;

MM

Not sure what to say, I'll be checking mine out at 1000rpms in a minute...

The roar is normal, mine is like that, it's just the fans/air intake purging. Not a tech'ie but that's my description!!

There's a few of us going out this weekend for a drive if you want to try asking other peoples LR owners opinions,, PM me for details if you wanna jump on board

There you go another one start the fb invites. :cry:

ADlR3: That noise on fan is the viscose clutch noise, thats pretty normal. Its function is to spin at engine RPM speed if engine tends to go above the normal operating temperature. And once its back then viscose fan spins at half of rpm speed due to in built resistance from viscose clucth.

Howver for little shaking it could be that spark plug firing order must have got messed up if anyone have opened that and not fix the leads in right place. Double check the spark plug firing order from your owners or service manual if you have.

Btw good to hear that you starting developing the love of LR again, keep it up and enjoy.