•  
Advertise here

Catalytic converter / oxygen sensor

Hi all , Im based in france and bought a 2002 Pajero originally from Dubai from a British guy here.

I have two possible scenarios .... my car failed its emissions and the mechanic (without having a close look) said it could be the lambda oxygen sensor but another parts guy told me that as its from Dubai it may not have had a converter fitted in the first place.

if it is the oxygen sensor I have an issue anyway because the chassis numbers don't match the UK or french parts suppliers software, so I'd like to know if I can get the part number from a dealer in Dubai without having to remove it or maybe someone can recomend where best to buy.

the other thing I'd like to know is if converters are actually fitteed to this year/model! ?

appreciate any advice

many thanks

alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

I really doubt if that year Jero is actually fitted with converter. We have resonator in silencer assy here as a compulsory but cat and cat back is not must. You can give a call to spare part dealer listed on home page under business listing here and see if they can search cat for your car as per your car VIN number.

Alternatively, other way around is you can buy UK or french Jero cat and cut the pipe and get it weld (old style), that will still work even if its not a proper bolt in solution and will get your MOT passed.

• 5 weeks later...