•  
Advertise here

Care for Engine cooling system, before it break down

Just like your AC cooling is important to keep you cooled and calm at all time, similarly engine cooling system is also need to be looked into regularly at least once every year. I have recently faced a blown hose and all of sudden car temperature went up and car AC cut off and car stalled. I took the car on recovery and my mechanic found out the radiator blown hose as it seems that has never ever changed in life and i never knew to pay attention to those are also required.

Engine cooling system covers radiator clean up and checking all hoses for visible cracks at hose opening and see if they start bulging from some part then its due time to change. Generally hoses last for 2-4 years, but visible check every year pays for extra comfort and safety. Any hose that has started leaking, shown visible cracks, become hard and brittle, mushy/goofy feeling, swollen /bulging needs an immediate replacement. Internal heat and corrosion are the main factors that age the rubber and cause degradation. Out of all upper radiator hoses and small bypass hoses are very sensitive to these blown out as they constantly deal with high pressure at high temperature and due to constant exposure they face the maximum wear-off.

So get your car full engine cooling system checked and drive happy and safe for another year.

• 2 weeks later...