•  
Advertise here

Range Rover Gear Box Failure Message

Hi Guys, I like to narrate one of my experiences with the Range Rover 2001 model which I have. Few months back I wanted to go on long Journey to Abu Dhabi and started my car only to see messages appearing in dash-board "Gear Box Failure" ? I did not know what to do and also being on Friday was helpless. My car won't not start but all Dash board indicators are working. I had to abandon my car and go my journey. I really got scared when it said "gear box failure" which will result in massive amount for repairs.

However, while in Abu Dhabi I posted a message in Face Book for our UAE Land Rover group which I am a member seeking help. Soon i got few text messages saying "REPLACE THE BATTERY". I managed to jump start my car and went to the battery shop after two days and got the battery checked by proper technician and a device. The report came " Replace the battery immediately". When I did replace with a powerful new battery my car was back into action and all weird messages disappeared.

I wonder why such incorrect messages like "gearbox fault" appear in Range Rovers? why cannot manufacture program it to appear the correct message "replace battery" instead?

Anyway, I shared this experience so that someone else do not have to Panic?