•  
Advertise here

How to fix this one cylinder without opening the engine?

I have seen some engine flush and other engine oil additives in few ADNOC which is further down the RAK side. Call ADNOC and check which one sells those stuff and try if it helps, this thread is getting really interesting now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mark, and I have already ordered three from US. Received yesterday and I tried the engine restorer first after changing the oil to fully synthetic. I can see some noticeable difference (although negligible, but it's there) after one day of drive of 66 Kms. Will wait to see if any more improvement shows in next few days.

Then second plan is to put Motor medic (gunk) and flush the engine oil and then add Rislone and see the difference as rislone claims to quiet the valve very much. I'll keep everyone here posted so that it can help someone tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

First one I used was "Engine Restorer" initially for few days no effect shown at all. Then after 2-3 days started seeing some improvement. Within a week seen major difference that doof doof noise gone by 75% and fuel burn or eye burning smoke reduced completely.

Now after three weeks, I think doof doof noise is coming back but still no fuel smell or eye burning smoke detected yet.

Hi derik,

Did you change the oil and oil filter after you noticed an improvement? It is important to do this since engine flush  thins out the oil, and you could develop serious secondary problems as a result.

In my opinion though, the fact that the noise is returning means that the valve lifters are too clogged up to be freed with engine flush. The best fix for this problem would be to replace the valve lifters, and to fill the engine with synthetic oil to prevent sludge from forming again.