•  

Desert Drive - Area 53

Asif Hussain

Area 53/Bidayer is my call this weekend. This area is featured with small to medium and large size dunes. This area requires precise control as one moment we climb up with full throttle and second moment we crawl at low rev before hitting the gas again for sideways climb. We will have plenty of opportunities to test our driving skills by climbing side ways, ridge riding, ridge cutting and to climb huge dunes to its peak and caputre some stunning pictures. This drive is meant for Fewbie ++ level.

When: 26th January 2018, Friday
Meeting time: 6.30 AM, convoy will move sharp at 6:45 AM
Where: Bidayer Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/b4LPnVr5wBB2

Level of Drive: Fewbie - Intermediate - Expert - Advance
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Area53/Bidayer to Iftar Bowl
What to bring along: Morning snacks, whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11 AM, 26th January 2018, Friday

RSVP the below calendar:

20171028_161843.jpg

20094442.jpg

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 2

It was amazing drive. Many crazy things happened :) First i locked my car while keys inside. With great team work we opened the car with flag pole :D Everyone reach the top of Iftar Bowl. Later on camel visited us while we are having a break. We fix the @skumar83`s car with some crazy engineering :D That was memorable day. Thanks for everyone, specially for good lead @Asif Hussain

• Like (+1) 4

Truly amazing day out. Nice cool morning with fog, just delayed us a bit but we got to try out something new. With the keys locked inside the car it took some really exceptional cordination with blind faith and amazing guidance to unlock the car with basic tools and a flag pole. Once we unlocked the car and deflated it was time to head in. With still some fog around visibility was not that great but the convoy was very deciplined and kept a good distance to navigate the dunes well.

Due to the moisture it felt like I was driving in mud, where sand was sort on top it was wet inside and when it was moist on top it was soft inside. This made driving a little bit challenging in that area. At one point I got a glimpse of Asif bhai driving on some virgin dunes, but by the time it was my turn it has to be muddy conditions. Yet another drive with zero stucks, well lead Asif bhai. As the fog lifted conditions became better and we were all enjoying ourselves heading to the Iftaar Bowl. All cars reached the top and we played around for some time before we headed down in search for a spot to start our snack come breakfast session.

There was a nice spot close to Iftaar Bowl but away from all the action. We settled in and we had so much food to go. So Camilla the last camel as shown in the video and pics decided to help us finish what we had got and joined us for breakfast. After several failed attempts to shu her away our hero for the day Asif bhai showed us one more way to use the flag pole. Sucessfully Camilla was guided away as we finished our breakfast session and started to pack up. At this point I had to say goodbye and was soon on my way back home due to an afternoon commitment.

It was fun because of the people in the trip, the terrain, the weather, the challenges faced and overcome, but nothing would have summed up the trip better than having Camilla over for breakfast. Until next time Adios Amigos.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use