•  
Advertise here

Road trip to Oman with Family—Anyone interested?

Hey Guys,

My son's mid-term break is here, so I thought It'd be a good opportunity to do a road-trip to Oman and explore its Wadis and local culture.

I was wondering is anyone wants to come along; it's always good to go in a group.

For experts, @Rahimdad @Gaurav @Srikumar @Frederic, if you have any tips on thing to take along, places I should visit and things to watch-out for.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

TJ

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hey buddy,

Oman is absolutely amazing. Have a look at the topic i posted last year which reviews the wadis and the trips itself. I would love to go back soon, but getting time off work is currently impossible unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi TJ - how's Bali!

Would love to join you, but like Frederic, the chances of getting time out from work during this period are slim to nothing. Everyone tells me that Oman is spectacular, so it's on the wish list. We have a great book of trails and routes. Let us know if you make it there. 

• Like (+1) 4

Oman unlike UAE is a huge country. @tjsingh if you have a plan do share what points you'd like to touch and what would be the things you'd like to do. I plan on Salamat every year around August but have failed to make it happen year after year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi TJ - how's Bali!

Would love to join you, but like Frederic, the chances of getting time out from work during this period are slim to nothing. Everyone tells me that Oman is spectacular, so it's on the wish list. We have a great book of trails and routes. Let us know if you make it there. 

Hey @Wrangeld—had to postpone Bali cuz Mrs was too worried about taking younger one closer to nCov hit area. Bali gov didn't have any official statement about this but they had a lot of Chinese tourist come over after the virus outbreak was announced.

Like @Rahimdad mentioned he'll be exploring Oman in August this year so I'll RSVP soon as he announces it. It will be safer and I trust his navigation skills. Yalla Rahim bhai you need to organize it 😁

Now I'm inclining towards doing a quick staycation here in UAE. See you guys next week. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just got back from Oman last night. The Omanis are some of the friendliest people I've met in the region. It's a more authentic middle eastern experience than UAE. If I was coming here for a holiday now, I'd rather spend a weekend in Muscat than Dubai.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2