•  
Advertise here

Front axle reinforcement

Hi guys, I have a concern about my desert companion wrangler. I am advised many times and heard from some buddies to fix a front axle reinforcement for my jeep since the front tubular axles of wranglers are comaparitively weaker. Need some help in this matter. Is it a good decision to fix and is there any drawbacks in doing so.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure about Jeep but I only had a diff tube braces on my Patrol, as that was the weakest part of nissan patrol in those year model.

Usually people reinforce axle and differentials when they are into extreme offroad jumps or serious mountain climbing.

If they are reasonable size and not making ground clearance any lower, I dont see any drawback tbh.

Which year wrangler you have?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I'm not sure about Jeep but I only had a diff tube braces on my Patrol, as that was the weakest part of nissan patrol in those year model.

Usually people reinforce axle and differentials when they are into extreme offroad jumps or serious mountain climbing.

If they are reasonable size and not making ground clearance any lower, I dont see any drawback tbh.

Which year wrangler you have?

Hi Gaurav, it's  2016

• Like (+1) 1

But what model? Rubicon? Sport? Sahara? 2Doors? 4 doors?

Do you have it with the stock tires? or with bigger tires?

Edited by Alexander Alcala

12 minutes ago, Alexander Alcala said:

But what model? Rubicon? Sport? Sahara? 2Doors? 4 doors?

Do you have it with the stock tires? or with bigger tires?

It's 2016 sport 2 door and , lifted and with bigger tires

6 minutes ago, Shaaz Sha said:

It's 2016 sport 2 door and , lifted and with bigger tires

Then I suggest that you reinforce the frontal axle.  From experience (I bent my Dana 44 in a jump on the dunes with 35" inches tires) I found that the frontal axles of the wrangler are the weak link.  And in your case that have Dana 30 is even worse.

The external reinforcement is the best option (value/price) and you will be off-roading with peace of mind.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1