•  
Advertise here

Off Road Suspension

Niki

@Gaurav this is incredibly useful and needs to be pinned in the ‘advices’ section.  Understandably it’s impossible to get such unbiased and experienced based guidance like this!! 

I have only skimmed the content and will likely have follow up questions ... which i hope others joining the thread also contribute to!  .. knowing a spacer isn’t ‘bad’ I will come back to  ask about leveling the FJ as it has the factory lean (lower at the front & slight drop to drivers side) 

massive thanks for taking the time to write this!! A lot for me to consider 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

@Gaurav this is incredibly useful and needs to be pinned in the ‘advices’ section.  Understandably it’s impossible to get such unbiased and experienced based guidance like this!! 

I have only skimmed the content and will likely have follow up questions ... which i hope others joining the thread also contribute to!  .. knowing a spacer isn’t ‘bad’ I will come back to  ask about leveling the FJ as it has the factory lean (lower at the front & slight drop to drivers side) 

massive thanks for taking the time to write this!! A lot for me to consider 

@Niki Patel, now, I’m starting to worry that @Gaurav has super listening powers 😂 Gaurav, Niki and I have been back and forth about this specific subject for a while now! Very useful information; thank you!

Having said that, I’m still gonna go ahead and upgrade my entry level Fox suspension, even at the expense of a stiff back😀 Maybe that’ll give me an excuse to buy a daily driver 🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Having said that, I’m still gonna go ahead and upgrade my entry level Fox suspension, even at the expense of a stiff back😀 Maybe that’ll give me an excuse to buy a daily driver 🤣

@Ahab Shamaa you are the most dangerous kind of friend!! This started off as a thread to take a considered choice when spending AED for suspension and now you have my mind drifting to convert the FJ into a weekend car and buy another daily drive!!!!! Your profile needs to come with a warning! :) 

I will keep reminding myself I cannot buy another car ... and get my mind back to the feedback and advice from Gaurav 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

Off road suspension is a never ending topic  of discussion among off-roaders and indeed making a separate thread for it is really highly appreciated . Thank you @Niki Patel for starting this thread in such elegant orderly fashion that surely of relevant concern I would say to every one. 
@Gaurav your sincere unbiased response in the relevant issues which was highlighted for me is a “gold mine “ 😉🙏🏻of reference.and now even making my decision to wait and see what the tide may bring is even more firm.

I drive a stock Nissan Xterra ( only mods are considered non major such as bash plate and kill switch ) and to tell the truth I want or at least I wish to keep it this way as It’s my daily rider as well as my weekend off road leisure  companion and no plans for a third car ( at least now ) and for me this vehicle is giving me the best of both worlds so far. I believe that skills refinement can partially compensate to certain extent ( example and it’s me : in my Stock suspension can’t for example take off immediately from a short distance to climb feya while another vehicle with comparable engine power and tires but with 5k suspension may do it , however I will need to adopt slightly slower approach building pace slowly ( momentum increasing slowly ) with distance needed ) then when the right place and time comes boost the beast out of it but still I have the halter straps in my hands with control ..) 

In conclusion it’s all what you do and what you need to accomplish in specific time and place!

cheers 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

32 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

in my Stock suspension can’t for example take off immediately from a short distance to climb feya while another vehicle with comparable engine power and tires but with 5k suspension may do it

No they can't either.

Suspension has zero role in above scenario.

Stiffer suspension can and will allow climbing faya at 60-80 speed instead of 40-50 and plus when car bounce on those 3 nasty speed bumps, stiffer suspension vehicle will not loose momentum nor the line.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

No they can't either.

Suspension has zero role in above scenario.

Stiffer suspension can and will allow climbing faya at 60-80 speed instead of 40-50 and plus when car bounce on those 3 nasty speed bumps, stiffer suspension vehicle will not loose momentum nor the line.

I agree sir and that’s why due to less stiffness I have to start slower in order not to loose the momentum and line . Maybe I presumed they are more stiffer than my stock . Truthly it took time to find the proper approach in stock Xterra to bring it to top eventually and not always from first time !

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4