Advertise here

Dash Cam Advice/Recommendations

Niki

2 hours ago, Goutam said:

Sharing is caring my friend. I am glad could help, with mostly useless knowledge I have for most of my friends in the real world.

70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro Plus Sets A500S 5MP Resolution/Free Wifi / 24-hours Parking Monitor / 140 Degree Wide View Angle/Dual Video Recording https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07Y6VDF46/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_R76D5YZH97VG08EJFCHP

this is the device one should get. Along with the hardware kit if needed.

I had my second device set up on the back of my car to record the rear view, and on the Jeep it gets continuous power to that outlets, and it would make the device too hot. And it would continuously record even. But i think pro version was not built for continuous power to begin with.

Hi @Goutam 

Thank you for all the info. 

in above product includes rear camera as well. hence 2 channel recording.  

Just curios why you bought second setup for you rear. 

image.png.7f254d11f231a231f97940e0f4a44dd4.png

• Like (+1) 1

Appearing as knowledgeable about 70mai as I current do, 😂, I’d not have not bought the older camera, other than for the fact that plus+ model was not released when I bought mine.

Jokes apart, one point I want to make clear that,  being a dashboard camera and not a action camera. I am uncertain how it will transcode the GPS telemetry details. From the looks of it, it could just watermark it to the video as it does the date & time. Action cams such as Garmin VIRB and GoPro 9 etc they include the GPS data as part of the video, which can be used to overlay over the video. Garmin VIRB app allows other device video as well but GoPro is locked to its own devices. 

I am using a lengthy process to do mine if anyone is interested, since VIRB was not able to use the video form my dash cam, to playback. 

I had a dashboard camera in my previous car so when i bought my Jeep I bought one for it too. I had a even older 70mai device on it. When I sold my previous car kept the camera with me. Used it in the rear sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

I bought my first 70 mai device because it is the most economical and value for money option. 2nd one because I already had one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Goutam for suggestion. I bought the cam and very happy with its performance. 

Below clip is from last night intermediate fast pace. Even with low light and lot of shaky driving video quality is good. 👍

• WOW (+2) 2

It’s gorgeous clip. Download Garmin VIRB application, and open this clip. You might be able to add some cool gauges. I was not successful becauseI think I recorded at full 2.7k, which is not supported perhaps. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Goutam said:

It’s gorgeous clip. Download Garmin VIRB application, and open this clip. You might be able to add some cool gauges. I was not successful becauseI think I recorded at full 2.7k, which is not supported perhaps. 

Okay. thats interesting to know. will try it. 

• Like (+1) 1