•  
Advertise here

Pajero Suspension + Lift kit + Wheel spacers advice

14 minutes ago, Deno Vikram said:

Hello Team,

Firstly thanks for the informative posts and some great advice on this thread.
That said, I was researching some budget options for a 2-inch lift and I heard rumors about workshops installing off-brand/non-proprietary coil springs(Australian make) on the Pajero stock shock absorbers that have the 2-inch lift.
I also heard from these workshops that this is a popular option in the offroad scene but I haven't met any myself.
For a casual offroader like me, is this a viable option? Has anyone in here gone this route?

The main question is, will this setup cause strain on the Pajero stock shocks during offroad/onroad drives?

As a note, I am not creating a separate post on this topic so everyone can get suspension-lift related info from this single thread.

Hi @Deno Vikram personally i am using the stock suspension with a only a coil lift kit and i am at least once a week in the desert ( 4 hours drives) not including the short runs with friends and family . i am running on this combination a few years so far and would say the Pajero stock shock absorbers are very good. 

things you must take into consideration when you lift your car is the center of gravity compensation by either installing wheel spacers or changing your wheels to a more -ve offset . as it might be very easy to get a rollover if you lift you car without the center of gravity compensation . 

Now to the most important question if you should/Must  upgrade / lift your car. the straight forward answer is NO! taking into consideration that you are a casual offroader. but if you would like to do it that would be up to you if you like investing and spending your money on the car to look cooler. 

If you ask me which is more important upgrade to have for offroading Skid plate or Lift kit , i would go with the skid plate  .

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

52 minutes ago, Deno Vikram said:

Hello Team,

Firstly thanks for the informative posts and some great advice on this thread.
That said, I was researching some budget options for a 2-inch lift and I heard rumors about workshops installing off-brand/non-proprietary coil springs(Australian make) on the Pajero stock shock absorbers that have the 2-inch lift.
I also heard from these workshops that this is a popular option in the offroad scene but I haven't met any myself.
For a casual offroader like me, is this a viable option? Has anyone in here gone this route?

The main question is, will this setup cause strain on the Pajero stock shocks during offroad/onroad drives?

As a note, I am not creating a separate post on this topic so everyone can get suspension-lift related info from this single thread.

Hi @Deno Vikram

That is indeed a budget option, but the problem is that your OEM shocks will be operating a little bit outside their normal height range. The strain can indeed lead perhaps to premature failure of the shocks, but on the other hand they are cheap and easy to replace.

I am also not sure about how the handling of the Pajero would be affected. The pajero by itself is already a bit of a wallowing boat and doesnt have the best handling as is, so this could make it much worse.

Let's see if any one else went for this option and what the overall feedback is. I would be more inclined to save up a bit longer and go for a Dobinsons lift kit that will give you improved handling.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."