Advertise here

LC 200-2013-GXR, vehicle shuddering at speeds 80-100

Friends, I have recently purchased a 2013 LC GXR. Vehicle was thoroughly checked before the deal was made, but since last few months, I have started feeling that the vehicle shudders at speeds between 80-100 and at an RPM between 1000-2000. 
But when accelerated beyond the above points, the vehicle is smooth and have no issues what so ever.

Any idea what could be the issue over here ?

Appreciate some advice and solution for getting the issue sorted🙏 thanks.

@Vishnu Nair hm not entirely sure but I have the same issues with my Jeep at the exact same speeds. My advice is that you go ahead and get your tires rebalanced, as that is my solution once I get the chance to get to a shop with that service. I'm hoping thats the issue and nothing too expensive. 

• Like (+1) 1

My recommendation for any off-road car and specially for Jeeps is to have the tires cleaned, rebalanced, and rotated every 10k kms. as we drive in the desert and the tires go through abnormal amounts of stress irrespective how careful we are while driving, and they bound to go unbalanced.

I copied this pic below from a search. I use the Top Right diagram in my car using all 5 tires so that over a 50k km dive each tire gets to be used for 40k km.

Tire Rotation | You Can Do It Yourself in 6 Simple Steps

• Like (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

@Vishnu Nair I am in the same boat too. I tool bought 2013 GXR recently and changed multiple parts due to the very same issue. IT helped in reduction of overall shuddering, but it didn't fix the actual issue which is why I still feel it.

The changed parts included new tyres, 4 shocks, front upper and lower control arms, Steering and other misc. bushings etc..... Some online forums mention it to be a common problem in LC200 to live with, and some says this is observed in some vehicles only. But now that I see your post, I assume there could be other instances in UAE too.

• 2 months later...

@meemalik Unfortunately, the vibration is still there. I have tried my best in finding the core issue.

Ended up checking, the Torque Convertor, Transmission, everything is fine, but the vibration still remains, specially while accelerating.

As mentioned by @MisterPoet, think I have to live with this issue.

Appreciate if someone could through some light and help in getting this issue resolved.

• 4 months later...