Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Vertical Limit: Climbing Challange - Tawi Nazwa to Bezhad Ranch - 5 Jul 2023

Oh @Ale Vallecchiwhy didn’t you tell us this was your double century?? That’s as bad as not telling people it’s your birthday! Honoured to have been a part of it 😊😊

@Pieter Pot hopefully this link works for you, please let me know!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/01dIOQq2vLtFaqkw-9hMulSMA

On 7/5/2023 at 11:03 PM, Jessica Lambert said:

Oh @Ale Vallecchiwhy didn’t you tell us this was your double century?? That’s as bad as not telling people it’s your birthday! Honoured to have been a part of it 😊😊

@Pieter Pot hopefully this link works for you, please let me know!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/01dIOQq2vLtFaqkw-9hMulSMA

Hi @Jessica Lambert, I guess I am more focused on my next drive, rather than my past ones. Surely, having come so far, a special thanks is in order, to @Gaurav, @Srikumar and @Fred, for creating and maintaining an "environment" where driving so much, so often, and so passionately is possible. And thanks to all those innumerous ones who join every drive I post ( @DP1011 thanks for your message: you are one of the most loyal fellow drivers). 

Speaking of the "next" drive, the one we just completed was truly one I was looking forward to, not so much for the 200th drive landmark (which I had forgotten), but because of the challenge I wanted to give myself, with a long-range drive, both in length and altitude. In fact, I had attempted many other times to go from Tawi Nazwa to Bezhad Ranch (that is well past Al Madam), and always failed but once. That one time, we managed to climb 1,118 meters, covering 68 Km. This time we enjoyed a superb drive, going for 88 Km. and climbing 2,046 meters, in 3:13 hours of driving time (4:14 hours total), at 27 Km/h moving average speed (21 Km/h total). Considering that most of the stoppage time was used to change Jessica's slashed tire, we had a great, almost seamless run, through Pink Rock, Big Red, Badayer's "sunsetters" dunes, Iftar and Super Bowl, all the way to the planned exit, until the last minutes of daylight.

So, thank to @Jessica Lambert and @Pieter Pot for allowing me to have so much fun, and, yes, to celebrate the 200th drive with excitement and joy.

See you soon out there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

20 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Jessica Lambert, I guess I am more focused on my next drive, rather than my past ones. Surely, having come so far, a special thanks is in order, to @Gaurav, @Srikumar and @Fred, for creating and maintaining an "environment" where driving so much, so often, and so passionately is possible. And thanks to all those innumerous ones who join every drive I post ( @DP1011 thanks for your message: you are one of the most loyal fellow drivers). 

Speaking of the "next" drive, the one we just completed was truly one I was looking forward to, not so much for the 200th drive landmark (which I had forgotten), but because of the challenge I wanted to give myself, with a long-range drive, both in length and altitude. In fact, I had attempted many other times to go from Tawi Nazwa to Bezhad Ranch (that is well past Al Madam), and always failed but once. That one time, we managed to climb 1,118 meters, covering 68 Km. This time we enjoyed a superb drive, going for 88 Km. and climbing 2,046 meters, in 3:13 hours of driving time (4:14 hours total), at 27 Km/h moving average speed (21 Km/h total). Considering that most of the stoppage time was used to change Jessica's slashed tire, we had a great, almost seamless run, through Pink Rock, Big Red, Badayer's "sunsetters" dunes, Iftar and Super Bowl, all the way to the planned exit, until the last minutes of daylight.

So, thank to @Jessica Lambert and @Pieter Pot for allowing me to have so much fun, and, yes, to celebrate the 200th drive with excitement and joy.

See you soon out there.

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi, glad we got to drive such and awesome drive with you and well done on your achievement! Good drive @Jessica Lambert!

IMG_5064.jpeg

IMG_5060.jpeg

IMG_5063.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:30 PM, Pieter Pot said:

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi, glad we got to drive such and awesome drive with you and well done on your achievement! Good drive @Jessica Lambert!

IMG_5064.jpeg

IMG_5060.jpeg

IMG_5063.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

Amazing pics @Pieter Pot! Would you happen to have a link to the videos you took when we climbed the dune please?

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use