Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Hayer South - Abu Dhabi -12 Aug 2023

Frederic

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  FB+ and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 8 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/uS3BhqVXZdBQTLVv7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time:  Midnight

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close one day before the event
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Hayer South - Abu Dhabi -12 Aug 2023
18 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

@FredericKeep an eye out for the persieds meteor shower. It's from 10 pm to 3 am.

We might pick out a nice high dune and put out chairs out :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Krishna R @Frederic I just logged on to ask are we hoping to end the drive in style with the meteor shower.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/2023/08/07/how-to-watch-the-perseids-meteor-shower-in-uae-this-week/

• Like (+1) 1

@Frederic I have added myself to your waitlist :) I’m happy to give any support needed 

looking forward to potentially seeing the meteor shower 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic “just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to join the drive tomorrow because my vehicle is undergoing some repairs. Have a great time and catch you all on the next drive!"

Edited by Joji varghese
  • Sad (0) 1

RSVP is now closed

image.png.f129da47b9406fa29a1948e5c13dcb6e.png

Good morning guys !

@Sunil Mathew@Andrei S@Gary F@Zulfikhar Naiyar@Krishna R@Benjamin@Gok Krish@ASAD.@Waqas Parvez@Zed

With the meteors flying over our heads, i hope we can get a well-paced drive with lots of tight spots and challenges. This terrain is a mix of technical dunes with mid-sized ones and not often visited by other off-roaders. 

As always, teamwork will be essential and communication will be key while driving in the dark. 

We will be using Channel 2 - 446.031 Mhz

See you guys tonight !

• Like (+1) 6

Hi Fred, just returned from a long oman trip and seems like the fatigue is showing up. Haven't been feeling well since morning so will be opting out of this drive to take some rest. Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable drive. 

• Sad (0) 1

20 minutes ago, ASAD. said:

Hi Fred, just returned from a long oman trip and seems like the fatigue is showing up. Haven't been feeling well since morning so will be opting out of this drive to take some rest. Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable drive. 

No worries buddy.

Important Information

Terms of use