•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run Rewind II (Qudra to Lisaili) - Dubai - 17 Sep 2023

Looper

Survey Question (for drive participants only)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Was the drive time adequate?

• It was a loooong drive.
    • It ended right on time.
    • It ended a bit too soon.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2023 at 03:30 PM

Lesaily Run.png

DRIVE PLAN

Let us end the Weekend at Lisaili. We will start at Qudra and trace our way back on the tracks from past back to Lisaili on a relaxed drive. Continuing the theme from a couple of weeks ago, expect a leisurely drive through the deserts of Qudra and Lisaili. It will be mostly technical though some mid-sized dunes and will try to avoid super narrow technical section, but we will follow it up by some long-range dunes ending with another set of technical dunes towards Lisaili side. Join for a Dopamine Drive; a mindful expedition that promises not just to take you places, but to bring you closer to yourself.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie and above
  • When: 17 September 2023, Sunday
  • Meeting time:  6:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
  • Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/wFdBEJrXsqk47PyG6
  • Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

Evening all.

I'm lacking a tow rope and the shackles.

Are these mandatory for all drivers, or can I do without for this drive?

If mandatory, can I get some recommendations please?

I don't really know what I'm looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ben Williams said:

Evening all.

It will be okay without them for this drive.  However you should have a set in your car. Please go through the recommended gear post.

You can buy AOR or some other brand Rope and Shackels from either Ace/Speedex or Amazon or even brick and mortar off-road shops. I’ll let others also pitch in with their recommendations and you can decide. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ben Williams said:

Evening all.

Hey @Ben Williams Your question : THIS drive yes, you can do it. While its highly recommended , to invest in these if you plan to be moving up the ladder, and Till FB+ itd not part of mandatory gear( if you go by requirements listed in grading structure of our club) . Once u decide to move up/ apply for promotion to to IM, You do have to provide a confirmation and pictures that you have these gears with you. 

Trust this helps:) So for the time being you can postpone the investment , but again, if you drive with other clubs/friends too, this is a recommended gear!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Ishak, @DTG, @Shiju Raju, @Johannes Roux, @Sreenath G, @Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Ben Williams, @Deepak Eswar & @Juan R

This is your mid-week reminder to check your availability towards the end of the week. 

The theme of this drive is to drive at slightly slower pace. As you drive in the dunes of Qudra and Lisaili, I encourage you to challenge yourself to drive with intentionality. Feel the gentle press of the pedal, the subtle shifts of the steering wheel, and the rhythm of your breath syncing with the track we draw on the desert canvas.

So, let this upcoming Sunday be a celebration of you, your vehicle, and the road ahead a Dopamine Drive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

7 hours ago, Looper said:

@Ishak, This is your mid-week reminder to check your availability towards the end of the week.

@Looper, still on the plan, I am in ☝🏽

• Like (+1) 1

@Juan R, @Ben Williams, @Deepak Eswar, @DTG, @Srilakshman Karthikeyan, @Ishak, @Sreenath G, @Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Imran Asghar, @Shiju Raju, @Johannes Roux and @Rob S

Hope you are all ready for the drive tomorrow. Let us try to deflate and start the drive at 6:00 am, so you have to arrive a bit early.

It is going to be an easy drive, and we will coast on the dunes at a comfortable pace. We will be on channel 2 and following is the convoy order. 

image.png.ab3080958cb6ca4456cf0073e39c0fd5.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

7 hours ago, Looper said:

@Juan R, @Ben Williams, @Deepak Eswar, @DTG, @Srilakshman Karthikeyan, @Ishak, @Sreenath G, @Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Imran Asghar, @Shiju Raju, @Johannes Roux and @Rob S

Hope you are all ready for the drive tomorrow. Let us try to deflate and start the drive at 6:00 am, so you have to arrive a bit early.

It is going to be an easy drive, and we will coast on the dunes at a comfortable pace. We will be on channel 2 and following is the convoy order. 

image.png.ab3080958cb6ca4456cf0073e39c0fd5.png

Look forward

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use