•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Nahel to Faqa - Abu Dhabi - 18 Nov 2023

JeromeFJ

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

From the small city of Nahel (Abu Dhabi), we will travel North in the direction of Faqa (Dubai). Expect medium size dunes on Abu Dhabi side, and higher long range dune around Faqa, with a few technical patches here and there.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  18 November 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:   06:30 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/ARUPrUFVMhhMWHPi7

Approximate finish time:  10:30

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. 

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

Good morning 

@Zulfikhar Naiyar @Deepak Eswar @Rk ram @FERNANDO SYRIO @Frans M @Tareq Al Turq @Hugo @Alphin Aloor @Bjoern

Thank you for signing up for the drive tomorrow. Hopefully the sun will dry the area in the afternoon before we reach. Driving on wet sand is not always "easier" as one might think. We will see the conditions and adjust accordingly.

I will confirm the convoy order by the end of the afternoon. Let me know before that in case you changed your plans.

Stay tuned !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Zulfikhar Naiyar @Deepak Eswar @Rk ram @FERNANDO SYRIO @Frans M @Tareq Al Turq @Hugo @Alphin Aloor @Bjoern

Last update for tomorrow morning. (Expect chilly conditions at the start)

Considering the sand will probably still be wet, you can deflate a bit less (1 PSI) than your normal set-up. (Meaning if you usually go to 11 PSI, you can start at 12 PSI). And we will adjust during the drive if needed.

Meeting at 6:30 am at  https://maps.app.goo.gl/ARUPrUFVMhhMWHPi7

Convoy order will be 

image.png.d656cfe334c5434ec12aa119a5fbbd7b.png

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4

Enjoy the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desert Drivers, thank you for joining the drive today. Wet conditions always offer a lot of surprises, as the behaviour of our cars in the wet sand can be very different from normal conditions. We saw that from the very beginning when leaving the track my car was like sucked into a pocket of heavy sand. 

We made our way quietly in the initial medium size dunes, taking our chance from time to time to a higher ridge or crossing, and we realised rapidly that the conditions were challenging, and once a few cars have churned the track, it was becoming very slippery for the next cars. I was focused on choosing lines avoiding tight changes of direction, and you were concentrated keeping these lines leaving a suitable track for the next car.

After some minor refusals, and a close encounter of @Rk ram with a bush behind a ridge, we reached an area of higher dunes and a large bowl. Our 2nd Lead @Zulfikhar Naiyarhad hesitated on a high crossing, and got crested, giving us a first opportunity of intense shovelling. The first loop around the bowl was superbly executed by each of you, with excellent control of your cars. The second loop to cross to the opposite side was more challenging,  and @Zulfikhar Naiyar had the second difficult moment of the day ending up at a weird angle close to a bush half way in the slope. The situation was solved with a combination of careful shovelling and self recovery. 

We exited the bowl from the opposite side, and continued with a nice set of clean dunes and nice ridges, very well handled by every one, until @FERNANDO SYRIO became a bit too enthusiastic on a ridge and lost the control of his car to end up crested. This was the last shovelling effort of the day.

Thanks again @Zulfikhar Naiyar for the 2nd Lead very well managed, with the required anticipation. @Deepak Eswar, @Rk ram @FERNANDO SYRIO @Frans M @Alphin Aloor, very well handled the challenges in the difficult conditions today, keeping control of your car in most situations. @Hugo @Bjoern, you face any difficulty with calm and smiles, you are a precious support in a convoy. Thank you all for the teamwork during recoveries.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend !

• Like (+1) 4

Dear @JeromeFJ

I am writing to sincerely apologize for missing the drive yesterday. I was unfortunately unwell and had a high fever, which prevented me from attending. I know I missed out on a great opportunity to enjoy the beautiful weather and camaraderie with everyone, and I deeply regret my absence.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment my absence may have caused. I value our shared passion for driving and wish I could have been there to share in the experience.

I hope everyone had a wonderful time, and I look forward to joining you on future drives. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tareq Al Turq said:

Dear @JeromeFJ

I am writing to sincerely apologize for missing the drive yesterday. I was unfortunately unwell and had a high fever, which prevented me from attending. I know I missed out on a great opportunity to enjoy the beautiful weather and camaraderie with everyone, and I deeply regret my absence.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment my absence may have caused. I value our shared passion for driving and wish I could have been there to share in the experience.

I hope everyone had a wonderful time, and I look forward to joining you on future drives. 

Thank you for your message @Tareq Al Turq, get well soon. The dunes are still there, we will have other opportunities!

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use