•  
Advertise here

International Women's Day - Afternoon Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Ladies Only - Lisaili - Dubai - 16 Mar 2024

On 3/11/2024 at 9:29 PM, Jaswanthi said:

Hello @Gaurav

I will be driving a Xterra.

Is skid plate and kill switch a must for this drive?

Hi @Jaswanthi

Absolutely not. Bring the Xterra as you have it now :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hello All, hope you are all doing well and ready for your first sand experience on 16 March, Sat.

While I'm equally thrilled to host the first Ladies-only Absolute Newbie drive and took some time to get you all personalized advice based on the vehicle you drive.

Wrangler owner: @sophiedana @Emma @Iqra Raheel @Bindi @Gráinne @Juanita @Alina Malakaeva

• Start the car, move in neutral, and hold the brake.
  • Practice how to put the car in 4WD modes - Auto, Part-time and Low.
  • When 4WD light blinking = engaging, solid = engaged it might take a few seconds to get engaged. If it doesn't, try 2H and back to 4H again or drive the car a couple of meters forward or backward to wake up the 4WD system.
  • Press the traction switch for 5 or 7 seconds until you see ESC OFF. if you don't see ESSC OFF its fine that means your car has a single-press traction disable switch which only lights up one orange light in the dashboard.
  • image.png

Xterra owner: @Jaswanthi and @Giovana

• Practice how to put the car in 4WD modes - 4H and 4LO.
  • When 4WD light blinking = engaging, solid = engaged it might take a few seconds to get engaged. If it doesn't, try 2H and back to 4H again or drive the car a couple of meters forward or backward to wake up the 4WD system.
  • Press the traction switch for 5 or 7 seconds until you see VSC OFF. if you don't see ESSC OFF its fine that means your car has a single-press traction disable switch which only lights up one orange light in the dashboard.
  • image.png

Pajero owner: @Rasna

• Practice how to put the car in 4WD modes - 4H, 4HLC and 4LLC.
  • Press the traction switch for 5 or 7 seconds until you see Two lights. if you don't see two lights its fine that means your car has a single-press traction disable switch which only lights up one orange light on the dashboard.
  • image.png

Patrol owner: @Xandi

• Press the traction switch for 5 or 7 seconds until you see VDC OFF. if you don't see VDC OFF its fine that means your car has a single-press traction disable switch which only lights up one orange light on the dashboard.
  • image.png

Prado owner: @Nivi

• Press the traction switch for 5 or 7 seconds until you see VSC OFF. if you don't see VSC OFF its fine that means your car has a single-press traction disable switch which only lights up one orange light in the dashboard.
  • image.png

Please feel free to ask any question here, if you experience anything different or unusual with your car 4WD system and traction control disabling. These two things are a must for all off-roaders and you should know this very well.

If the above Google images don't match 100%, google your exact model year model to get familiar with, please.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hope you are all doing well and ready for tomorrow's adventure.

Please bring a camping chair if you have one, as while taking a break, we can sit down and do the skills briefing with a demo car in a beautiful landscape.

We will end the drive at a fuel station to inflate, to save time if you have an air compressor please bring it along (not mandatory).

Please find your convoy numbering, we will use Radio Channel 3 (for those who have it). For the rest, we will carry spare radios with tuned frequencies.

@sophiedana @Nivi @Rasna @Xandi @Srikumar @Giovana @Jaswanthi @Gráinne @Emma @Vanessa8580 @Iqra Raheel @Bindi @Juanita @Alina Malakaeva @Frederic

Convoy Numbering

1. Gaurav                             Silver Pajero
  2. sophiedana (Amr A)         2021 Jeep Wrangler JL - 4 door - Sage Green
  3. Nivi (Prakriti)                    2014, Toyota, Prado, 4 cylinder, White
  4. Rasna (Ishak)                    2021 Pajero-4door-White and Black
  5. Xandi                                Nissan Patrol
  6. Srikumar                         Green Cherokee XJ
  7. Giovana (Premindra)        Nissan x terra silver 2009
  8. Gráinne                            2017 Jeep Wrangler 4 door red
  9. Emma                              2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 4 door - White
  10. Vanessa8580 (Sohini)     Nissan X-terra 2008 Blue
  11. EVGENIYA                      Wrangler
  12. Juanita (Nicolo)               2018 jeep wrangler unlimited
  13. Frederic                          2021 Nissan Patrol Safari - Silver
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks a lot to all the carnity experts for yesterday's drive. It was an amazing experience and I have discovered that a car can do so much more. I love to drive though I have zero knowledge of cars. Now, I seem to have found what I have been looking for... adventure and amazing people to share it with. I was quite unsure when I came yesterday but I too seem to have been bitten by the sand bug! Time will tell! Looking forward to many more exciting drives! Special thanks to @Vanessa8580 for inviting me on this drive and to @Gaurav's wife for the wonderful idea of this women's day drive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi everyone, this Saturday was amazing and the most unusual International Women’s Day ever! It was so interesting, incredible and useful for everyday driving. Guys from this club are so helpful, careful and friendly, Im really recommend this club for beginners!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@sophiedana @Nivi @Rasna @Xandi @Giovana @Gráinne @Emma @EVGENIYA @Juanita 

Thank you all for joining yesterday's Ladies Only - Absolute Newbie drive. It was great to see you all in great spirit and action with your 4x4 on your very first desert drive.

A free 1 month subscription has been activated for all of those who participated. Hope you all continue to grace the Ladies team under @Vanessa8580 (Lady Marshal) and get inspired by her adventurous spirit.

You all are most welcome to join any Newbie drive, as well, and experience the same thrill with complete safety, respect and adventure.

Thanks @Frederic for great pictures: https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1989-international-womens-day-absolute-newbie-lisaili-dubai-16-mar-2024/

Thanks @Nivi and @EVGENIYA for your motivating feedback and experience.

• Like (+1) 3