•  
Advertise here

Jeep servicing and insurance questions

Hi all

I picked up a pre-owned 392 from Trading Enterprises and it came with warranty only - no service package. I was wondering if I need to get the Jeep serviced from agency in order for them to honor the warranty or if I'm OK to go with a cheaper option elsewhere. I'm thinking for peace of mind Trading Enterprises is the way to go but open to recommendations 

Additional question regarding insurance - I've got comprehensive insurance with offroad cover and agency repairs. How does this work with after market parts if I choose to install any? For example if I mount some aftermarket off road lights on the bumper and have an accident, how would this work with agency repair? 

Also, my insurance policy has a line in it 'Modifications: No'. Does this mean any mods I make won't be covered by insurance?

Any advise will be highly appreciated. :) 

For keeping your warranty, you have to get service from dealer, I'm 99% sure, but you can double check with Trading Enterprise. 

For insurance everything is scam now, usually car is insured for stock condition only, all mods aren't insured unless you add them in the modification list which will shoot up premium. Whatever you do, get the same in writing as car insurance is no longer the same in the UAE. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

For keeping your warranty, you have to get service from dealer, I'm 99% sure, but you can double check with Trading Enterprise. 

For insurance everything is scam now, usually car is insured for stock condition only, all mods aren't insured unless you add them in the modification list which will shoot up premium. Whatever you do, get the same in writing as car insurance is no longer the same in the UAE. 

Thanks Gaurav

Suspected as much.. Will have a word with TE when I go in for service and see what they say

I brought the jeep 392 from TE - 2023 model 0 kms at a special price but with only 3 years warranty and no service package.

i purchased additional warranty of 2 years and service package for 100,000 kms from TE service Centre seperately which was quite affordable. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gautam Banka said:

I brought the jeep 392 from TE - 2023 model 0 kms at a special price but with only 3 years warranty and no service package.

i purchased additional warranty of 2 years and service package for 100,000 kms from TE service Centre seperately which was quite affordable. 

I'll probably end up doing the same. The warranty I got finishes at the end of 2025 I believe.. Will get that extended and get the service package.

I saw your post putting your OEM suspension and tires for sale. I'm guessing the after market suspension you had installed won't be covered by dealer repairs.. What happens in case of an accident? You'll have to pay full price to replace any damaged suspension components? Just something I'd like to keep in mind before deciding how much to spend on mods

Thanks 

Those OEM parts are not expensive and I have used some pretty high end stuff which will not effect the warranty. After those mods I did few drives and it’s a complete game changer. 💪🔥

for the accident if we survive then that is more precious than the repair cost 😅 

pls feel free to contact me if you need any suggestions 😀👍

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Gautam

Still on the fence about whether or not I will be doing any mods. Will see after a few more drives and hopefully you'll be there for one so I can see what kind of difference they make :)  

hi @RiadJL my insurance is the same: Off-road   modifications:no
They explained it as they will cover damage to all standard components.
Anything which is not OEM and breaks (on-road or off), well that's up to you to fix.

• Thanks (+1) 1