Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 15 Jun 2024

large.4ABDD609-1D24-4203-8B46-1FFE1DB6B0

DRIVE PLAN

Let's drive into sunset this Saturday afternoon starting at Lisaili Camel Track. 

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 15 June 2024, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  15:30 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/u1Jj5q8XwawzpkYK9
  • Approximate finish time: 19:00
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Sadly may car has some issue with the wiring since last week’s drive and they are trying to diagnose the issue. There is some kind of earthing somewhere on the car and unfortunately the mechanics haven’t been able to find the short.

Meanwhile @Davie Chase has been godsend and has agreed to take the convoy on a wonderful adventure. To be frank I would have loved to be at the back on the drive led by @Davie Chase so you guys are in for a great drive. Have fun guys. 

@Mahesh_, @Rk ram, @Ishak, @Gertjan, @Batuhan Kulac, @Charbel

• Like (+1) 5

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper hope you get this sorted soon and get back in the sand

@Mahesh_, @Rk ram, @Ishak, @Gertjan, @Batuhan Kulac, @Charbel

I will advise the Convoy order tomorrow and we will use Ch4 446.081

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear desert Wanderers @Mahesh_, @Rk ram, @Ishak, @Gertjan, @Batuhan Kulac, @Charbel, @Benjamin and @Senthil Kumar

We will be using Ch4 446.081 this afternoon, convoy order as per below 

image.png.0c84e5fc3310f11e4d69f41d5fd0ad39.png

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Davie Chase - It would be amazing to go out again with you; however, I have decided to stick with the original plan and work up to IM again with my new car. She drives differently that my previous Pajero with all the mods. Safety first.  Have a great drive.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear desert Wanderers @Mahesh_, @Rk ram, @Ishak, @Gertjan, @Batuhan Kulac, @Charbel, @Benjamin and @Senthil Kumar thanks for great afternoon of fun in the sun and sand. I really enjoyed the drive, although the over landing portion with all the bushes was not high up there on the list of fun things to do in the desert, but we coped and coped admirably. We had a mix of this type pf terrain some pretty technical dunes and some mid to long range dunes, no matter what Lisalli threw at us we managed beautifully, we had a few refusals and a couple of stucks for which @Benjamin and @Senthil Kumarhandled brilliantly. Great S/L as always by @Benjamin and a fantastic sweep by @Senthil Kumar, made a lot easier by the brilliant driving from you all, so well done to all of you.

Have a great rest of your long weekend and Eid Mubarak to all

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks @Davie Chase for a nice safari tour of Lisali! I enjoyed every moment! 
Managed to take a few snaps between the heavy concentration and both hands on the steering. 
Hope to see you all soon on the sand again!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use