•  
Advertise here

I too joined there and paid the membership fees of 350 aed too last year. But sorry, no offense but its getting too commercialized now with too many affiliates and partners.

No harm in trying new stuff. Moreover i like bmwdxb approach "Its free forever". I hope it stays that way and have less sponsoring or commercial approach and more on actual knowledge building and sharing approach.

Last I've checked, they haven't collected any fees in the past two years. I personally tried to pay but their board members refused to collect. This is in good discussion spirit, not trying to win anything here :) But I think they have done a good job in securing sponsors to support their events, every member there is happy to avail all the discounts given for free, and the best part is that yo do not have to buy or deal with the sponsors. Only if you wanted the discounts, which is a fair play I think. I also believe they have a very diversified pool of experts; motorsports, maintenance, DIYs, lightings, electrics, I mean name it they have a few members who will hook you up. :) their membership fees are in line with all the international official BMW clubs, nothing new there. It's used to pay for the website, your membership welcome package, ID cards, free events, and cover their costs as volunteers. I wouldn't mind paying for all of that so long the books balance in the end.

Glad to see more of such communities myself....Good job for whoever started this site :)

With affiliates and partner, its always better if its sensible. I mean if discount is genuinely given on actual price is good for end user. But on hiked up value seems bogus like Pierre cardin doing 75% off thru out year :lol:

Anyways, im more bothered about quality of members and knowledge any forum has. Discounts, partners and membership fees is not for me.

• 8 months later...

Please check on BMW road in sharjah, there are many shops selling BM parts, lubes and oil at 50% discount rates than AGMC price after regular customer discount.

Its behind shj city center, take right from Al khan on itihad road and second signal again right you will go to BM road.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...