•  
Advertise here

LEXUS Tinker's and Tricks!

Admit it once in a while all of us come across this phrase after buying their cars, "I didnt know, my car can do that!" :shock: There are many features which pop up even after memorizing the whole freaking manual. And there are some features which with a few tweaks give a OMG :idea: effect.

So share with us all your discoveries/tricks/tips and hidden treasures of your mean machines! :arrow:

Here are few to begin with:

Open Windows and Moon roof from outside vehicle: (2 Ways)

1) Hold down "unlock" button on the remote control for 5 seconds

2) Insert actual Metal key into driver door key hole and turn right & hold (also unlocks door)

Close Windows and Moon roof from outside vehicle: (I only know 1 way)

1) Insert actual Metal key into driver door key hole and turn left & hold (also locks door)

Thank you Jeh - Very good tips and very nice initiative...

Another Tip : I had my Windows Open and usually to close them we start the car and then close it. I had it closed by holding the Lock Door Button for 5 Seconds and keep it hold till all your windows are closed... Whoila! You have got it closed.

Click on the Display Button near the GPS on the dashboard and you if you touch the screen top & bottom atleast 5 times(its like touch it up & down very fast atleast 6 times) - the Diagnostic of the System will appear and you check you speakers, Amplifier, Music, GPS - if all are ok or needs cleaning or servicing. This is something that one of the Lexus advisors taught me...

We open the cars by touching the handle - when you leave you don't need to take out your remote - press the black rubber button on the handle and it will close.

Cheers!

GB

• 2 months later...

Another add on from me, many might don't know that feature in almost all post 2003 Lexus cars auto dimming center mirror is anti glare as well. If you press button on center view mirror it will become anti glare that is very helpful in night driving if some crazy driver behind you driving with his full beam on then this anti glare feature will trim its glare about 50% and make it soft and not eye hurting and distracting from the road.