Advertise here

What to fix and when?

Very interesting question. I would like to discuss my experience about coolant which I thought was lifetime coolant. After driving almost 125,000 miles, the coolant in my car was almost null. It never came in my mind to refill it. And gradually, the engine startd overheating and the hoses and radiator were damaged. Since i didn't refill the coolant, i ended up replacing the radiator and hoses in my car which costed me lo of money. So, i would like to advice everyone that refilling the coolant after every 100,000 miles is really important. Don't miss that.

Rightly said. Coolant must be changed in every five years. One point that i would like to add is the transmission fluid. Al though, it is not recommended much to change the transmission fluid, but it doesn't mean that is lasts forever. If one do not change the transmission fluid in ever 50,000 miles it may oxidize and break down. So take care of the transmission fluid as well.

• 1 month later...

I think Tyre shall also be changed after every 6 years. Nothing is permanent in an auto mechanism. Before the tyre of the car gets torn and get worse, its really important to change them. The consequences of not changing the car tyre may lead to a bad accident because of the bad pairing of tyre.