Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Quick Fix Badayer - Sharjah - 05 May 2024

Looper

DRIVE PLAN

This drive is a quick fix for those who crave for one more drive but don't have much time. A regular rerun of the drives we did few times in the past. We meet a little ahead of Badayer Shops and drive straight ahead, with the war cry "Yalla Push". It will be short quick drive. we will start at 7:00 and end by 9:30 so that we can inflate and leave the area by 10:00.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities. 

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Intermediate and above
When: 05 May 2024, Sunday
Meeting time:  6:45 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions we start the drive at 7:00 am sharp)
Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qRJhkCGBmctc1DnZ9
Approximate finish time: 09:30 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

It’s going to be a muddy drive, but let’s try to drive through some seldom used tracks so that we have a bit of decent experience. We will also try to avoid cross tracks as much as possible. Climbing tall dunes should be slightly easier, due to better traction.

Normally we come come via the service road but suggest we take a U turn from a bit ahead of the meeting point, will perhaps be tad bit quicker. 

image.png.239eeacb71243ae569779ce99eacb3a1.png

• Like (+1) 3

@jinoy it’s an intermediate drive my friend, and you would be driving in Newbie drives now. I am removing you from this one. Suggest join one which is Newbie - there’s one scheduled at Al Fayah on Sunday add yourself to waitlist.

• Like (+1) 1

@Emanuel, @Alphin Aloor, @Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Gurcharan Mehta, @Ranjan Das, @Anoop Nair, @Amir Amiri, @Mahmoud Taha, @Stumpy.

I will be driving for the first time on an Intermediate drive with some of you. The drive plan is to march straight to the end of the desert as fast as we can safely and turn back. In between we will climb all the dunes we encounter. Hope the desert sand has dried up a bit in the meantime. We will plough on Channel 2 and following is the tentative convoy order:

image.png.20d646c12192e3cbbd097b785a7b19f9.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Apologies @Looper I have to remove myself as I now have family arriving on Sunday morning 😩

have a great drive, hope the sand has dried out 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

3 hours ago, Looper said:

@Emanuel, @Alphin Aloor, @Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Gurcharan Mehta, @Ranjan Das, @Anoop Nair, @Amir Amiri, @Mahmoud Taha, @Stumpy.

I will be driving for the first time on an Intermediate drive with some of you. The drive plan is to march straight to the end of the desert as fast as we can safely and turn back. In between we will climb all the dunes we encounter. Hope the desert sand has dried up a bit in the meantime. We will plough on Channel 2 and following is the tentative convoy order:

image.png.20d646c12192e3cbbd097b785a7b19f9.png

Hey @Looper, sorry for the later notice but unfortunately I won't be able to join tomorrow's drive. Car went into the shop about two weeks ago to get fixed, and due to the rains, it's still not ready yet. Was really looking forward to the new level, but will have to pass this one. Enjoy the drive!

Edited by Gurcharan Mehta
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

A very intense drive. Thank you all who could manage to join this drive. My initial idea was to go to Shuwaib and turn back so that we could end the drive at Badayer Shops. But I got so engrossed looping at the dunes before we reached Iftar Bowl that, this plan was not executable anymore. I did however wanted to go all the way and reach Shuwaib, exactly what we did. We started on the dot at 7:00 am which seemed a bit late due to the temperatures and finished exactly at 9:30 as planned. 

@Emanuel & @Zulfikhar Naiyar you drive very well, kept up with the pace. Behind you were the experienced lot, @Anoop Nair, @Amir Amiri and @Mahmoud Taha - the last two have been on every Badayer drive I have done till now 

Thank you all for one more exciting drive today. See you soon in the next one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thank you @Looper for an epic first drive in the Intermediate Level. The first time I was up here was with you leading a FB+ drive, which was extremely memorable and one of my best videos of our drives to date. No video today from me because I wanted to focus on this first IM drive and being S/L.

It was a faster drive than FB+ which meant more laser focused concentration. It was exhilarating. 

Nice to meet you @Amir Amiri. Great driving with you again @Mahmoud Taha, @Zulfikhar Naiyar and @Anoop Nair.

A very dynamic elevation profile below and other interesting stats.

See you on the sand next time. 

Screenshot_20240505_124756_Gaia GPS.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_124805_Gaia GPS.jpg

• Like (+1) 4

@Emanuel here you go, the first 15 min till we lost track of the tail. Click on this Gaia link for the track of this video. We drove 7.80 km in 14:50 min at 31.5 kmph. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use