•  
Advertise here

Pajero Transmission

You can drive in low in a manual. By skipping 2 gears as in starting from a dead stop in 3 and then going up tp 4 and 5. Keeping revs same as you would in high. You get more torque this way.

But yeah even I know some people who drive in L4 all the time. L4 basically to get more torque at low speeds where the engine hasn't revved up enough to get into is maximum power band. Like rock crawling to making your way up on a steep wadi climb or using engine braking while coming down on a steep incline. 

Or when you do not have a big enough run to get up a big dune. But then you need to control it then because as you slow down towards the end of the climb it will kickdown into first over spin the tyres and you get bogged down very close to the top even if you had enough momentum to carry you over.

11 hours ago, Fuad said:

2012 -140k. 

Yeah thats what the mistake i did even after heating came up.. a solid mistake which kicked back.😉

Oooi not good at all. But who am I to criticize.I kept driving my car even after it had blow its head gaskets for three months. Then I risked a longer trip in traffic and on the way back near my place the car overheated so much it shutoff on its own! And wouldn't start until the next day until the next day until it cooled down properly. This ended up scouring two cylinder walls and I had to pay extra to get them resleeved and new piston heads along with the head gasket repair! 😕

• Sad (0) 2