•  

Relaxed night drive Maliha 30 May 2019

Rahimdad

After a super exciting fun intermediate drive I would like to propose a relaxed night drive for all level of drivers to enjoy. It's time to self-drive your 4X4 to venture through the desert safely with offroad experts. Its time to enjoy an evening drive and in fresh sand dunes to challenge your senses and 4x4, with the best offroad enthusiasts in UAE.

As the summer has arrived we will be having night drives now, so let's thrill all your senses. This drive will also enable us to gear up and learn important aspects of desert driving in the nights, as it would be easier for newbies to join in night drives after this nicely paced drive.

When: 30 May 2019

Meeting time: 11 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 11:15 PM

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/H2jguQQocz4gNCKY7

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie, more experienced drivers welcome to join to support this drive.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 3 am break for Suhoor and end the drive by 5 am

What to bring along: Snacks, Suhoor meal whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 5:00 am

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 4

Trip Report.

2 rocking drives in 2 consecutive weeks. So similar in the way both drives were conducted, yet in different terrains the challenges and fun was very similar. I think @Emmanuel attended both so he would be a good judge.

Everyone was on time, and seeing the participants I decided to change the level to Fewbie. @eduardo, @Shamil, @Brette, @Frederic, @Fuad and @Emmanuel were all in agreement and we headed to enter from Khatim. After deflation and a short brief we all were off on what was going to be a challenging start. The first hour and a half saw us through a few refusals and stucks, @Gaurav bhai would have been proud of me. As we negotiated through some tough but fun patches we reached the top of Fossil Rocks.

As @Emmanuel and I evaluated the decent we were surprised to see all the sand gathered on the left side leaving a sharp drop to the naked rocks on the right. To be on the safe side I came down first to make sure all was well below. Once it was clear the rest in the guidance of @Emmanuel made their way down. Now it was time to search for a suitable spot for Suhoor. This bit of drive was quick and just towards the end we experienced a few refusals. This led us to a fantastic spot to lay our spread.

The Suhoor was very refreshing and enjoyable after which we switched off the lights to enjoy some dark time. While we lay down we were able to see part of the 60 satellites in a convoy of their own. All moving on one path one behind the other, they were viewable with the naked eye and a treat to watch. I was caught by surprise to see one satellite out of convoy and moving in the opposite direction, I guess the reason for it is that they are not part of Carnity.com and don't know the importance of a convoy. Throughout the Suhoor break we were treated to several laughs sponsored by our comedian @Frederic.

After we offered our Fajr prayers we were off to our final destination - Faya. We had a very smooth and quick run and the convoy was now enjoying the last leg of our trip. The most fun was just on the back side of Faya where we enjoyed vast open space with no tyre marks. I was a little confused to see the Nissan Bowl and the place was just a little unrecognizable due to the shifting sands, but a little peak to the other side confirmed we were on top of Faya. We has to cut through the razor sharp ridge to get to the front face of Faya. Quickly everyone continued to the bottom only to try climbing the front face. As usual @Emmanuel just glided through as though he was on SZR, only others struggling confirmed that Faya was still holding its reputation to be difficult to climb from the front.

After having some fun we decided to exit. I was still in some mood to play which resulted in a pop-out. The team was quick to respond and we quickly fixed the pop-out and were out. After inflation, huge smiles and warm hugs we were off home bound and looking forward to more fun in the coming weeks. Until that time Adios and take care.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

What a great drive this was ! I’ve been out of the sand for a few weeks and it felt great to enter the desert again with such wonderful people. The terrain proved to be a bit tricky and we indeed had to pullout the tug rope a few times but that’s all part of the fun and adventure. Out of the full trip I had the most fun seeing @Rahimdad taking my pajero up Faya from the scenery backside, sitting with him in the car as he was singing and just enjoying the moment and fun our little pajero gave us !

@Emmanuel again proved that Xterra is made for this kind of terrain. It was a joy to see. Also thanks for showing us the satellites !

See you soon buddies !

• Like (+1) 7

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It was yet another amazing drive indeed. I think one of the most exciting parts of the drive was when we were heading for Suhoor, we tackled some dunes with a little bit of speed and that part was a lot of fun. When we finally stopped by Faya to freely play about and climb that massive dune, i realized that I still have a long way to go before i can become half as good as our marshals - @Rahimdadbhai and @Emmanuel

Looking forward to more exciting drives

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use