•  
Advertise here

Pajero 4th Generation Blinking Center Diff Lock Light

Must be in 4HLC or 4LLC

Move to N or P

Press diff lock switch.

Wait for flashing light to become solid.

Of light does not become solid. Engage D, press accelerator slowly three times, allowing car to return to idle. Engage R, press accelerator slowly three times, allowing car to return to idle. If stuck in soft ground. Attempt to repeatedly move backward and forward. 

PXL_20240318_173403212.jpg

PXL_20240318_173423937.jpg

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BennyB said:

If the REAR Diff lock is blinking what are usually the issues? I was testing the 4wd system on a 3.8 today and 4H, 4HLC and 4LLC engaged ok (from 2H to 4H it did require to move the car couple of meters to stop blinking) - but when i pressed the rear diff lock button the indicator just kept blinking no matter what i tried. 

Check or replace the vacuum pipe that goes just behind the driver seat - underneath the car and connects the black rubber pipe to the rear locker. 

If this is fine, check for an air compressor behind the driver seat - inside the car side panel. If you hear the compressor noise when engaging the rear diff lock, that means the compressor is fine. @Luke K P can you confirm if you hear the compressor noise in gen 4?

Mine (Gen 2.5) was lazy for a long time, check and the mechanic fixed the wiring correctly and changed the compressor, then it engaged instantly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

EDIT: yes I can get hear the compressor start and run for about 10 seconds behind drivers seat. @Gaurav

Can't say I've ever noticed/heard a compressor noise behind drivers seat when engaging the locker.

Will check this morning on way to work and update. 👍

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 1

The car in question i was testing for buying (i think i remember hearing the compressor noise when pushing the button but not 100%) - anyway if i agree with the seller about the price im gonna get it tested to a private garage to eliminate surprises - i was curious if its a common issue or something that can become very expensive to fix.

Ty for the replies!

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have same problem on my Pajero 2012. This happened after I had maintenance work (differential oil changed, rear bushing, front joint/arms). After I drive for like 20 km, center orange light starts blinking, green lights off. A car restart will fix it. Happened twice so far. Is it dangerous to drive on this condition?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, WassimB said:

Hello, I have same problem on my Pajero 2012. This happened after I had maintenance work (differential oil changed, rear bushing, front joint/arms). After I drive for like 20 km, center orange light starts blinking, green lights off. A car restart will fix it. Happened twice so far. Is it dangerous to drive on this condition?

Thanks.

Pretty sure during the maintenance one of the vacuum hoses came loose. It's not harmful to drive like that but fuel consumption will be slightly more as it's not completely in freewheel 2WD now.

Better to get the solenoid and actuator checked and/or replaced.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."