COVID compliant Fewbie Morning Desert Drive: Al Lisali to Qudra 11 Sep 2020

Wrangeld

32 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

@Wrangeld I'm having real trouble getting my rear bumper replaced after last Friday's drive saw it try to escape the rear of my Pajero. Am I OK to drive if I arrive and remove it for this weekend's drive?

20200909_183531.jpg

Hi @Lisa Pemberton you can fix a rear bumper plate to support and avoid scooping of sand. You can check there is a thread in the forum for this solutions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

34 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

@Wrangeld I'm having real trouble getting my rear bumper replaced after last Friday's drive saw it try to escape the rear of my Pajero. Am I OK to drive if I arrive and remove it for this weekend's drive?

20200909_183531.jpg

There r 4 bolts of 10 mm on the top as well as below the bumper. It's a 10 min DIY job to remove the Aluminium scooper. And you need to get a permanent fix by installing a 3-4 mm aluminum plate

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Jun Zamora said:

Thanks for sharing @Jorge Stepniak Felippe yes i will exit from my other drive .

@Wrangeld Thanks to confirm my RSVP in this drive.

Hi @Wrangeld i tried but its full. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Shiju Manuel I actually called Raju at the place in Ajman you recommended but he doesn't speak English or his number has changed. I also WhatsApped Al Reem Garage your thread and pics but no dice :(.

I have unsuccessfully been around a number of workshops and garages here in RAK after reading that forum topic but no luck so far. One shop is making me something(?) but there was a severe language barrier so I have no real clue what I'm going get... it may just end up being a 150AED of scrap! I called Titan in Dubai out of desperation and was told they would get back to me as 2 of their fabricators are on leave. I haven't heard back from them.

@Srikumar thanks for reassuring me it isn't a difficult job to remove the bumper. I watched a YouTube on how to do it... just need to buy the socket wrench set tomorrow. 

Edited by Lisa Pemberton
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Christian Andras said:

@Wrangeld Hi! Decided late that I can drive this weekend. Saw a free spot, and took it!! But then I read the thread, and now I am confused wheter I can count on my place, or if I "jumped" in front of someone else...?

@Jun Zamora I realize I took your place. Sorry. I'll get out, try again...

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

@Shiju Manuel I actually called Raju at the place in Ajman you recommended but he doesn't speak English or his number has changed. I also WhatsApped Al Reem Garage your thread and pics but no dice :(.

@Lisa Pemberton you follow the google map location to Al Reem Garage in Ajman, once you reach there just call me (055 7890094) i will explain him what to do. Even you can just show him the rear bumper and he is self understandable what to do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You're a saint @Shiju Manuel I'll drive there tomorrow evening after work and take you up that offer, brother. I have a feeling whatever I get from the shop here in RAK tomorrow isn't going to be what I need. I'll message you in advance to let you know if I'm heading there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

You're a saint @Shiju Manuel I'll drive there tomorrow evening after work and take you up that offer, brother. I have a feeling whatever I get from the shop here in RAK tomorrow isn't going to be what I need. I'll message you in advance to let you know if I'm heading there. 

@Lisa Pemberton no worries, just call me  1 or  2 hours before you are coming, so that i can inform him to keep the plate ready to fix and that way you don't required to wait there much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use