•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Session - 11 May 2021

Frederic

According to the Moon Cycles, @Niki Patel  found out that the evening of 11 May 2021 is going to be excellent for night photography! We will have an almost new moon which will hide below the horizon right after the sunset. 

The plan is to have a meetup with max. 10 members to practice and enjoy the art of night photography and learn from each other. Bring whatever camera you have and have a look at the advisable settings in your camera manual or ask in the forum. After the event you can publish your photos in our gallery !

Location: Murquab Mosque: https://goo.gl/maps/KQzEFTBcxE83N5qu5

We will be deflating at the meeting point, and then head out to a nearby quiet Sabkha. Please bring your offroad tools as you would do for a regular offroad drive. (pressure gauge, deflator, compressor).

What to bring:
headlamp and/or flashlight, camping chair, Camera or Smartphone, tripod, film/memory cards, extra battery, Recommended Lens(es). A tripod is recommended for night photography.

Note: This meetup session is COVID compliant, hence we strictly ask all members to wear their masks, keep a social distance, and not to share any food. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Niki Patel for requesting this drive. It has indeed been a while and it will be good to get our cameras out of the basement and practice again what @Mikhail Lukichev has taught us. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Frederic i think i read my own infographic wrong for May and it seems 11th not 4th would be best for us.  apologies :) and shows my work needs to be double checked! Excited to get back out there!

May 11 - New Moon. The Moon will located on the same side of the Earth as the Sun and will not be visible in the night sky. This phase occurs at 19:01 UTC. This is the best time of the month to observe faint objects such as galaxies and star clusters because there is no moonlight to interfere.

Edited by Niki Patel
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

@Frederic i think i read my own infographic wrong for May and it seems 11th not 4th would be best for us.  apologies :) and shows my work needs to be double checked! Excited to get back out there!

May 11 - New Moon. The Moon will located on the same side of the Earth as the Sun and will not be visible in the night sky. This phase occurs at 19:01 UTC. This is the best time of the month to observe faint objects such as galaxies and star clusters because there is no moonlight to interfere.

Hahaha well spotted. We will shift to the evening of May 11th.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Frederic changed the title to Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Meetup Drive and Session - 11 May 2021
  • Frederic changed the title to Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Session - 11 May 2021

Small clarification:

- This is not a Carnity Offroad Drive, it is a meetup session for astrophotography enthusiasts where we will bring our camera and practice taking some nice night photos. Please share which camera gear you will be bringing so we can help you out with the settings. There will be some gentle offroad driving to reach our destination, so any Newbie and onwards can join.

Some pics from our previous session in Faqa:

DSC_3093.jpg.4a5bbe0c7e8a2ae6d29c7e296d00ba75.jpg.b1341afb7a7043aec67e86fd6683e3e8.jpg1517462581_AstroPhotography.jpg.15a2753a4f97d4038d59294865cb8d81.jpg.5758938e16c86a2691ca8551d8542369.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

Since we don’t intend to do intense driving is it possible to increase the convoy size so that we have maximum participation.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Since we don’t intend to do intense driving is it possible to increase the convoy size so that we have maximum participation.

As this is a session where we will be practicing our night photography techniques, and where @Mikhail Lukichev also spends a lot of time in explaining each and every user personally how to set their cameras, and moreover due to COVID regulations we limit the participation to 10.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use