•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Yahar - Abu Dhabi - 20 May 2021

Chaitanya D

Join us to explore Yahar Desert in Abu Dhabi

And learn the art of off-roading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to test your off-road control.

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above

When:  20 May 2021, Thursday

Meeting time: 8 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: - https://goo.gl/maps/eA4Ans3193eZtAAc9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11.30 PM

End Point:  TBA

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID 19 Compliant - Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Yahar - Abu Dhabi - 20 May 2021
2 hours ago, Ruan van den Heever said:

This is going to be a great night drive....can't wait.

Oh yes, and why not. Some massive dunes in this area as we head north from our start point

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Friends,

Please note the convoy numbering for todays drive at night

1. Chaitanya Black Xterra

2. Xavier Treasurer Xterra @Xavier Treasurer

3. Karthikeyan Govindarajan White LC @Karthikeyan Govindarajan

4. Zed - Grey LC @Zed

5. Mus-Hus Pajero @Mus_hus78

6. Hasan Wahlan Grey LC @Hasan Wahlan

7. Ruan Grey Wrangler @Ruan van den Heever

8. Wrangled - Grey Pajeros SWB @Wrangeld

We will use Chanel 2 for Radio Coms.

Please arrive on time, and drive safe. 

See you all tonight

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Dr. @Chaitanya D, apologies I just removed myself from RSVP for tonight, as the car garage just called and told me the engine oil & transmission fluid service will only be finished by 8pm tonight (previously promised this morning will be done)... so I won't make it in time ☹️ 

But I hope to join your Newbie drive the next morning (assuming the garage is true to the promise tonight)...

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Zed said:

Dear Dr. @Chaitanya D, apologies I just removed myself from RSVP for tonight, as the car garage just called and told me the engine oil & transmission fluid service will only be finished by 8pm tonight (previously promised this morning will be done)... so I won't make it in time ☹️ 

But I hope to join your Newbie drive the next morning (assuming the garage is true to the promise tonight)...

Noted with Thanks @Zed. Remove your RSVP and click on the drive you are joining

3 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Dear Friends,

Please note the convoy numbering for todays drive at night

1. Chaitanya Black Xterra

2. Xavier Treasurer Xterra @Xavier Treasurer

3. Karthikeyan Govindarajan White LC @Karthikeyan Govindarajan

4. Zed - Grey LC @Zed

5. Mus-Hus Pajero @Mus_hus78

6. Hasan Wahlan Grey LC @Hasan Wahlan

7. Ruan Grey Wrangler @Ruan van den Heever

8. Wrangled - Grey Pajeros SWB @Wrangeld

We will use Chanel 2 for Radio Coms.

Please arrive on time, and drive safe. 

See you all tonight

I think my watch is broken - it's is only showing 12h50 now...... :(

• Haha (+1) 2

@Chaitanya D sorry boss I have to pull out of this drive in the last meeting due to covid rules , came in contact with someone who tested positive to I am going to hibernate for a while ! Sorry guys  enjoy your drive ....

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

Important Information

Terms of use