•  

COVID19 compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa to Last Exit - Dubai - 21 May 2021

Kailas

Thanks @Kailas for the wonderful drive today through a highly diverse Terrain full of high slopes, bumpy vegetation, long range dunes, super soft sand, technical areas concocted together through series of beautiful wide spread sabkhas. We couldn't breach the 100km mark, however reached the planned destination covering around 75Km at a decent moving speed of around 26Kmph (with multiple tech areas that we covered, not a bad speed for a long convoy). 

We had our share of pop out(s) (two at once), a complicated stuck and other minor refusals n ofcourse my friendship with Crest. 

Thanks to an experienced convoy we could really hit the pedal hard and managed the terrain pretty well. 

Personally, i was trying with PSI levels reduced by couple of points and with a bit lower revs then my usual, worked at most places apart from that small crest (thanks for highlighting that perhaps it's more than level of momentum it's the the fact that i am letting it go fraction of secs early, it's a continuous learning process and will continue to work)..

All and all a lovely drive and surely worthy of that super early morning (or actually late night) alarm.. 

Thanks all hope to catch up with you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi

Great drive today for  a while, I have not been able  to join for 2 weeks due to business travel.

For me drive started nicely in different terrain. I got too confident though and over speeded in one longer dunes which ended to very hard terrain in the bottom of the slope. I knew I will pop out tyre already before I hit the hard ground, but couldn’t fix the approach angle anymore 😡👎😁.

Well... result was double pop out from left side of the car 😂.

Thank you so much friends to help me out !!

Lessons learnt, I need to stay more focused and see & think exit in advance while entering to slopes. Do not overspeed ! My bad.

thank you @Kailas for nice drive !

Few photos in gallery.

See u again on sand!

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use