Advertise here

4H vs 4HLC - Driving in Sand

33 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

What Fred is referring to is the transfer case. You are referring to the transmission overheating. Two different things

I am not at all aware of the logic behind, what I assume is since it always checks where to supply more power it over heats (working some what similar to D mode). If the central diff is locked, its not overloaded. I cant think beyond this technically. Or might be some flaw in the factory design.

But for sure ready to try different options and wanted to overcome overheating problem otherwise it takes away the fun and I start worrying about when I will encounter the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Srikumar said:

Are you still having ATF overheating after installing the fan and driving in tiptronic?

Yes, last Friday I tried driving on D had problem, and then i switched to tiptronic and climbed faya backside had problem. Thats why I started researching on this.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan I drive with 4hlc since i started with intermediate drives and I feel the power on the long climbs…. 50/50 split works for me and I haven’t had the transmission heating issue for last 32 drives!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GauravSoni said:

@Lakshmi Narasimhan I drive with 4hlc since i started with intermediate drives and I feel the power on the long climbs…. 50/50 split works for me and I haven’t had the transmission heating issue for last 32 drives!!!!

Perfect, let me then try

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

8 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Yes, last Friday I tried driving on D had problem, and then i switched to tiptronic and climbed faya backside had problem. Thats why I started researching on this.

For straight climb at iftar bowl… 1st gear all the way… u need to pump!

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• 2 weeks later...

My transmission heating problem was due to some dirt stopping the fan from running, once that was fixed there is no more trans overheating problem. I also tried 4HLC which also worked in churned up sand very well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1