•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 05 Nov 2021

Frederic

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 5 Nov 2021_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

This is an off-road drive for beginners where you'll drive and learn at your own pace:

• This is not a training session.
  • This is not a 1:1 teaching class.
  • This is not a Desert Driving Course.

If you are interested in comprehensive 1:1 training sessions, please check Desert Driving Courses.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  05 Nov  2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good morning 

@Dinesh Kumar A @Mohamed Shawky @ahmed salama @Ali Shah @Serhat Yalcinkaya @qasim Muhammad@Karthik Narayanan @ayra Shihab

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As this will be your first drive with us, i would like to ask you the following things:

1) Please introduce yourselves a bit: which 4x4 are you bringing, do you have any prior experience, and please confirm that your car has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

2) Please bring at the minimum a pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor to the drive this Friday, so you can deflate the tyres when you arrive, and re-inflate them again after the drive.  If you have an offroad flag, programmed radio, and other equipment already then of course you are welcome to bring them along. 

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

Some more useful tutorials:

If you have any questions prior to the drive, you can use this drive topic to post them. We will do our best to help you out.

@takeshi sobue according to your drive stats, it seems you have attended the Absolute Newbie drive already last week, so please sign up for one of the Newbie drives coming weekend. (The Absolute Newbie drive can only be attended once).

• Thanks (+1) 1

I am Muhammad qasim with FJ cruiser. New to the desert drive and I have completed all the important gears. My fj got front and rear factory tow points.

flag, radio, compressor etc..  in hand. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Dear @Rouaj i have removed your RSVP from this event as you have done the Absolute Newbie drive already. Please sign up for one of the available Newbie level drives.

Dear @Yasin thanks for signing up. I have seen your introduction from last week. See you on Friday !

20 hours ago, Mohamed Shawky said:

Mohamed Shawky with black Dodge Ram . little off road experience and my car has front and rear tow points.

thanks @Mohamed Shawky. Some Dodge Ram models come with a very low front bumper lip that easily gets damaged. Kindly check once if that can be removed or share a picture so we can see which edition it is.

Thanks.

Hi all,

It's Karthik. I have all the essential kit as mentioned in the absolute newbie minimum requirements.

Mine is 2014 Ford Raptor SVT, no proper desert driving experience. Look forward to meeting you all on Friday :-)

Best regards,

K

• Well Done (+2) 1

Good morning @Ahmed Abdelsalam!

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As this will be your first drive with us, i would like to ask you the following things:

1) Please introduce yourselves a bit: which 4x4 are you bringing, do you have any prior experience, and please confirm that your car has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

2) Please bring at the minimum a pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor to the drive this Friday, so you can deflate the tyres when you arrive, and re-inflate them again after the drive.  If you have an offroad flag, programmed radio, and other equipment already then of course you are welcome to bring them along. 

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

Some more useful tutorials:

If you have any questions prior to the drive, you can use this drive topic to post them. We will do our best to help you out.

Important Information

Terms of use