•  
Advertise here

Whats a good 2 way radio system?

Harshal

Hi, as the title suggests I’m looking for a good radio system for comms in off-road convoys but also something reliable incase its ever needed in a secluded area, there seem to be many options and Im a bit confused. 

16 minutes ago, Harshal said:

Hi, as the title suggests I’m looking for a good radio system for comms in off-road convoys but also something reliable incase its ever needed in a secluded area, there seem to be many options and Im a bit confused. 

Hi @Harshal do you mean a portable two-way radio (walkie talkie), or one of those you can get installed in your car ?

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Harshal do you mean a portable two-way radio (walkie talkie), or one of those you can get installed in your car ?

I think a walkie talkie would be much better as I can use it out of the car too, only issue is charge.

Have a look here:

most popular model in the club is the Motorola/Crony MT777 (150dhs), followed by the Baofeng UV5R (75dhs). 

Battery charge is not an issue. Just charge it overnight before your drive, and buy a second one as spare to keep.

2 hours ago, Harshal said:

I think a walkie talkie would be much better as I can use it out of the car too, only issue is charge.

You’ll rarely run out of juice on a drive if your radio was charged even half way through. In most cases, if it’s a great drive, the convoy just gets really silent and you have to force people to respond 😂😂

You can always get a cigarette socket lighter for your radio.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

With one charge, my radio radially lasts 2-3 drives. I always have a 2nd radio with me and a cigarette lighter socket cable that will cost 15 AED in dragon mart is a must have. I always charge in the car itself, never charged anywhere else. 

Another alternative is USB to DC Charging Cord that uses spare USB port instead of cigarettes lighter socket. 

• Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Hi can anyone help me how to set the frequency on my radio set. Motorola MT 777. i watched several youtube vedeos but didn’t understand. 

I appreciate quick response 

8 hours ago, Abdul Basit Khan said:

Hi can anyone help me how to set the frequency on my radio set. Motorola MT 777. i watched several youtube vedeos but didn’t understand. 

I appreciate quick response 

Hi @Abdul Basit Khan

Please check below tutorial. It has a text-written explanation on how to program the radio and a Youtube video as well

On 1/18/2022 at 7:56 AM, Frederic said:

Hi @Abdul Basit Khan

Please check below tutorial. It has a text-written explanation on how to program the radio and a Youtube video as well

Thanks @Frederic for helping to set my radio frequency. i have set upto 7 channels mentioned on the chart. let’s see which one need to set for next required drive. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use