•  
Advertise here

Any Offroading tips or trips for Explorer Owners!!!

I have heard a lot of negative stories about Ford Explorer performance when Off-roading on desert drives. Some says that the front bumper is the most vulnerable part, as well as clearance (path) especially when riding dunes of that most of the times you get stuck. Others said that you might have transmission problems etc.

Do you have any suggestion; is it a myth or reality? What about have some accessories for Bumper protection and is it advisable to have a Lift Kit 2.5" Front and 1.5" back??

Do you plan any off-roading for explorer's owners??

Looking to have your comments.

Kind Regards.

Explorer bumper is a concern for sure, as i had before and if you learn how to drive it without getting too ambitious following some offroad modified cars its fine. In desert in extreme weather it also heat up a bit if you run longer at higher revs, thats wht show the AT light also and effect transmission too. If AT light comes on, give rest and then drive.

I have done six months in cool to moderate temp and never had AT light come up. Only front bumper was a concern when i climb up the dune. If you lift the car then on road ride quality and comfort will get affected. So i wouldn't advise that unless you have bought this car only for desert and have other car for road for office run / family run.