•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - L&L (Lisaili to Lahbab) - Dubai - 6 Aug 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above 

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/44Pv1URngCTW9TKeA

Action Plan:  After a few movie themed drives, here comes the "double-lettered" drive. L like Lisaili & L like Lahbab. A fast drive from one side of the Dubai-Al Ain road to the other. From the outskirts of Solar Park, acrosso Lisaili's plateau, through the highway, into Margham's yellow and red sand dunes, all the way to  E44. All kinds of terrains for more than experienced drivers, looking to get as close to Intermediate driving as possible. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desrtnauts

let's prepare for tomorrow's drive.

Firstly, it plans to be a long drive. Therefore, I'd like to start as early as possible. Even though it will be hot, I have moved the meeting time at 3:00PM (considering that half an hour more or less is not going to make it any cooler). 

Secondly, the reason for anticipating the meeting time is that I'd like to close the drive beyond the initially planned exit location (at first in the general Lahbab's area, between Margham and Nazwa), exploring an exit path reaching out as close to the actual Lahbab's village as possible. 

Thirdly, about the meeting point, it used yo be easily accessible, on the left side of the Qudra Lakes to Solar Park road. However, now that the road has been doubled, and a partition is separating the two double lanes, we'll probably have to turn around at Solar Park itself, and trace the way back to the pylons close to the indicated entry point, which is on the dirt track coming from Lisaili. Please consider some extra time for this now unavoidable detour.

The drive will cover a lot of ground, first through Lisaili's plateau, then on a stretch of dirt track going from the Lisaili exit point, across the Dubai-Al Ain Road, into the dunes leading to Margham first, and further onto the exploratory track to the new planned exit point.

The convoy order, barring some last minute drop-outs and additions, will be the following:
@Gertjan in Second Lead

@Imran Kashif at #3

@Gerrit Bus at #4

@Amr Aydin #5

@Daniel Rodas at Center Forward

@KAMALIO at #7

@Imteeaz will be #8

@Beide Worku at #9

@Karthik Raptor #10, and 

@Tom B in the Sweep position

Radio channel has not been chosen yet, and will be announced at the meeting point.

Please, remember the new, earlier, meeting time. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Daniel Rodas said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, apologies I will have to drop out.

Have a great drive folks!

Thanks for updating @Daniel Rodas.

@Santoso Marjuki you are IN (please confirm).

At this stage I'd also like to add @Ashok chaturvedito the drive, if ok (also,.please confirm).

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desrtnauts, I was last week in the area of the meeting point. If you go around the round about, facing back to last exit, you should be able to take a right just after the round about and easily reach the meeting point.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Gertjan said:

Dear Desrtnauts, I was last week in the area of the meeting point. If you go around the round about, facing back to last exit, you should be able to take a right just after the round about and easily reach the meeting point.

Thanks for the info @Gertjan.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thanks for updating @Daniel Rodas.

@Santoso Marjuki you are IN (please confirm).

At this stage I'd also like to add @Ashok chaturvedito the drive, if ok (also,.please confirm).

Thanks

@Ale Vallecchi  I have also waitlisted for your drive

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

@Ale Vallecchihi Ale, when i click on the location point, it does not appear on my google map.

Is anyone experiencing same like me?

Hi @Imteeaz, it shows on Google Maps's cell application. Just click on directions, and it will give them to you. Let me know if it works.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Imteeaz, it shows on Google Maps's cell application. Just click on directions, and it will give them to you. Let me know if it works.

Hi Ale - yes it works on my mobile. thanks

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use