•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 5 Nov 2022

JeromeFJ

Drive Plan

Classic drive, but always enjoyable. One of the most scenic itinerary in the Dubai/ Sharjah area, starting slow in the Mahafiz area, progressively building up the level along Fossil Rock, and finishing on the high dune of Fayah.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  5 November 2022, Saturday

Meeting time:  6:15 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/KMT4BMT3qd6xSAJS7

Approximate finish time: 10:15 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 5 Nov 2022

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Thank you for signing up for the drive on Saturday morning. This itinerary is very scenic, and offers a nice progression from small to medium and finally high dunes.  The drawback is that we might not be alone in the area, but we will find ways to avoid the crowd. 

I will issue the convoy order tomorrow by the end of the afternoon. Kindly let me know before that in case you changed your plans. Use this time to check the condition of your car if needed, and why not make sure you have your radio already programmed with the 10 Carnity frequencies ! 

Stay tuned !

• Like (+1) 3

@Mohamad Anwer @Nathan L @Jad Moussalli @Mike. @Jaro Tuzinsky @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Patrick van der Loo @Zulfikhar Naiyar

Time for final preparation for tomorrow !

Meeting will be at 6:15 am at  https://goo.gl/maps/KMT4BMT3qd6xSAJS7

The convoy order will be

image.png.e25397029f2d4e1f5734fa0b83b45301.png

We will use radio Channel 2.

Enjoy the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 6

Thank you @JeromeFJfor a great morning out in the desert. @Zixuan Huang - Charlie thank you for great support as always. I made some gopro videos of a number of you. In case you are interested send me your mobile nr and I will WhatsApp it to you: @JeromeFJ @Mohamad Anwer@mike @Jaro Tuzinsky @Zixuan Huang - Charlie

Edited by Patrick van der Loo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Thank you for joining the drive today. The first portion was not the best, as finding a way through the cross tracks and the bushes was difficult. Still the small bowls are a good terrain for practice before reaching the high slopes, and the long dune offers always opportunities for sidesloping.

Once we crossed the pylon track close to Fossil Rock, no more bushes, and we could navigate between bowls and ridges, with the view of the mountains on the opposite side, until we gradually reached the mighty Faya dune, where we have practiced larger bowls and big slopes, up and down. 

Excellent level in the group, as we had only minor refusals, and one occasion requiring shoveling. @Mohamad Anwer, it was a great pleasure to have you as second lead, @Nathan L, your lines are precise, excellent control of your car, @Jad Moussalli it was a pleasure to see the Defender in its environment rather that on Downtown Boulevard, it has impressive capabilities @Mike., the white rhino was steady on the ridges and the long climbs, even if it doesn't like the steep ones, @Jaro Tuzinsky you have improved the control especially during the descends, nice drive, keep the focus at all time when you will join FB+ @Zixuan Huang - Charlie thank you for the support, always present when needed, @Patrick van der Loo that Jeep can climb anywhere , @Zulfikhar Naiyar excellent drive and communication, thank you for the sweep.

It was a pleasure to have you all for the drive and the nice chats during the breaks, enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you next time !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Patrick van der Loo said:

Thank you @JeromeFJfor a great morning out in the desert. @Zixuan Huang - Charlie thank you for great support as always. I made some gopro videos of a number of you. In case you are interested send me your mobile nr and I will WhatsApp it to you: @JeromeFJ @Mohamad Anwer@mike @Jaro Tuzinsky @Zixuan Huang - Charlie

Thanks Patrick, would love to have the videos!, my whatsapp: +971528402096

20 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Thank you for joining the drive today. The first portion was not the best, as finding a way through the cross tracks and the bushes was difficult. Still the small bowls are a good terrain for practice before reaching the high slopes, and the long dune offers always opportunities for sidesloping.

Once we crossed the pylon track close to Fossil Rock, no more bushes, and we could navigate between bowls and ridges, with the view of the mountains on the opposite side, until we gradually reached the mighty Faya dune, where we have practiced larger bowls and big slopes, up and down. 

Excellent level in the group, as we had only minor refusals, and one occasion requiring shoveling. @Mohamad Anwer, it was a great pleasure to have you as second lead, @Nathan L, your lines are precise, excellent control of your car, @Jad Moussalli it was a pleasure to see the Defender in its environment rather that on Downtown Boulevard, it has impressive capabilities @Mike., the white rhino was steady on the ridges and the long climbs, even if it doesn't like the steep ones, @Jaro Tuzinsky you have improved the control especially during the descends, nice drive, keep the focus at all time when you will join FB+ @Zixuan Huang - Charlie thank you for the support, always present when needed, @Patrick van der Loo that Jeep can climb anywhere , @Zulfikhar Naiyar excellent drive and communication, thank you for the sweep.

It was a pleasure to have you all for the drive and the nice chats during the breaks, enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you next time !

Always a true pleasure to drive with you @JeromeFJnot just for the expertise as a lead but also because you take the time to explain what you are about to do and then give direct feedback to the drivers when they apply it themselves. For someone who is trying to understand the Whats and Whys rather than slamming the pedal and enjoying the rush (can’t deny the fun part though :)), I genuinely appreciate this and I thank you for taking the time to pass on the knowledge and the experience. Always a pleasure to be in your drives. Looking forward for the next ones!

16 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Thanks Patrick, would love to have the videos!, my whatsapp: +971528402096

@Patrick van der Loo happy I caught this as it seems to be another non active user in Carnity with the same user name minus the dot at the end. Would be great if you can share some of the content. My number is 055-4284084. I have some cool footage of you to share back :)

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, Patrick van der Loo said:

Yes, please share it with me 0563972760 thank you @Patrick van der Loo

On 11/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, Patrick van der Loo said:

0503032131 not sure if you caught me!!! Thanks

Important Information

Terms of use