•  

Full Day Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 01 Dec 2022

Asif Hussain

What is Yellow Truck ?

Buried deep inside the Bu Hasa Desert near Madinat Zayed City, there is an abandoned water tanker truck, which due to its remote location, has become a pilgrimage for many Offroaders all over the UAE.

image.png.5b83fa18fa8dfdc430816808b3f8f67a.png

How did it get there ?

That remains part of the mystery.....

What's the location ?

You will have to join the drive to find it....

And why exactly should we go there as a club ?

download.png.ec2fc3059e1bd096504a5d2f174ce8f3.png

This area, together with LIWA Moreeb area, is the ultimate playground for offroading, where you will find monstrous dunes, stadium-sized bowls, and the sheer size and remoteness will make you really feel you are in a different world ! This will be an unforgettable experience and will make you become part of our yearly pilgrimage team !

When?? When ?? WHEN ??

We have several drives lined up during the UAE National Holiday Weekend of 2022. 

Check the drive calendar and  BOOK NOW !!

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus & Above

When:  1st December, Thursday

Meeting time: 7:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/bZ77eVtDJqDhGJBm7
You can come early and camp in same starting point if you like.

Last Fuel Station: https://goo.gl/maps/D6t1rXkuecZScyPZ9

NO 100 Liters of FUEL = NO DRIVE - Carry additional jerry cans accordingly

• SWB Cars = 2 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • LWB Cars = 1 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • 100+ liter fuel tank cars = No need for extra fuel.

Lunch Break: 1 Hour in between with couple of short breaks (if needed).

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, lunch, snacks, face mask, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 4:00 PM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you all for signing up for this drive ! I hope you are all excited and looking forward to it !

A few but very important pointers below. Please read them carefully. 

1. Please ensure that you are there at the meeting point on 7:30 AM SHARP. Late comers would be sent back. As there is a long distance to drive if you leave in the morning, make sure to leave ahead of time and keep at least 30mins spare time for refueling or a tea break.

2. Get lots and lots of rest the previous day. The more the better as this terrain will not only challenge your vehicle but your mind as well. We would need your complete focus, and fatigue due to less rest is the last thing that is needed on such a terrain. For those who prefer camping the previous night, you can do so at the starting point as its a nice spaced out area. Bring some firewood incase if you wish to have a bonfire to keep you warm. Cleaning up after the bonfire is mandatory.

3. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up. A vehicle breakdown in this terrain will result in not reaching our beloved Yellow Truck so please do the needful to get your 4x4 in the best possible condition.

4. You will be needing 100 litre total fuel amount before starting the drive. For example, if your existing fuel tank is 80L, then you need to bring a 20l jerrycan with you, safely strapped inside the vehicle (or outside if you have a suitable bracket or holder). Make sure your main tank is full. There is an ADNOC 15mins away on the way to the meeting point.

Location of last Fuel Station:

https://goo.gl/maps/Ug1sGJE1PP6eJBJNA

5. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).

6. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, radio

7. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along.

8. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.

9. Plenty of water, approx 5 litre per person.

10. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.

11. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving

12. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

Please make sure all the off-road gears and jerrycan is strapped properly.

Please take this event seriously and understand that this terrain, due to its remoteness and size of the dunes will challenge everyone on this drive. If you decide to bring passengers, please make sure they have spent a full day already in a vehicle in the desert and are used to it. There are hardly any nearby exit tracks and rerouting might take hours, so once we are in this terrain the aim is to complete the entire drive and visit the Yellow Truck :)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 11/22/2022 at 8:40 PM, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej all, Anybody is planning to camp in this area?

Hi Jaro, I was thinking of camping... Planning on reaching the previous day before sunset.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ashutosh Garg said:

Hi Jaro, I was thinking of camping... Planning on reaching the previous day before sunset.

Hej Ashutosh, yes it is my plan:), but probably only around 8pm. I will drive with the fewbie group but the starting point is the same for both groups. There will be a few more people, I guess from both groups.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej Ashutosh, yes it is my plan:), but probably only around 8pm. I will drive with the fewbie group but the starting point is the same for both groups. There will be a few more people, I guess from both groups.

Staring point is same for all drives day 1 and day 2. If anyone wants to camp previous night you can and also you can plan to camp after the drive. I am planning to end my drive at start point if time permits as plan A. Plan B is different location further down at E45 towards mezaira around 25kms from meeting point and you can drive on road after inflating your tires.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Gertjan @Tareq Al Turq @Ranjan Das @James Thorn @Ashutosh Garg @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Salim Akhtar @Jona@Brett Eicher @siddharth maheshwari@Lawrence_Chehimi @Simon D thank you all for joing the drive. 

Convoy Position

1. Asif Hussain  - Xterra
  2. Brett Eicher  - Cherokee
  3. JamesThorn  - LX 570
  4. Salim Akhtar - Pajero LWB
  5. Siddharth maheshwari - Wrangler
  6. Ashutosh Garg - Xterra
  7. Gertjan - FJ 
  8. Tareq Al Turq - Prado
  9. Ranjan Das - Wrangler
  10. Zulfikhar Naiyar - Xterra
  11. Jona - FJ
  12. Simon D - Pajero
  13. Lawrence_Chehimi - Xterra

We will be using carnity radio frequency channel No. 4 - (462.08125). Everyone please go through all the important point mentioned in above post carefully and make sure you follow them.

My mobile number in case of emergency is 050 699 04 11

Drive RSVP is closed

• Like (+1) 4

@Asif HussainI’m having a high fever and looks I’m not getting better🥲

If by tomorrow I don’t better, i’m afraid that I will have to drop from the drive.

• Sad (0) 1

Thank you for organising this drive @Asif Hussain Loving the full day adventures!

@Jaro Tuzinsky @Salim Akhtar @Ashutosh Garg I'll be driving in tomorrow evening as well to camp out, probably arrive between 9-10pm, as my highway speed is quite restrained 😅

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use