•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive " Catch up the sunset " - Qudra - Dubai - 21 Dec 2022

M.Seidam

Dear Friends 

The sunset in Qudra desert is breath taking no doubt , join me to catch up with the last rays of 2022 and wishing  the best to come in 2023. 

image.jpeg.8be7f4f95102a1c1c32571b23006149c.jpeg

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  21 Dec 2022, Wednesday 

Meeting time:  16:30  - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/PnPuTXRTXWGL3HFB8

Approximate finish time: 19:45

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Tuesday - 11 AM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive " Catch up the sunset " - Qudra - Dubai - 21 Dec 2022

Dear Friends 

Hello and welcome 

I would like to bring to your attention to please check your gear as per your rank level especially Flag , compressor  and radio that are present and working before you leave to the meeting point . It has been noticed recently that one or more of the gear items not present with some participants  I am going to check each one gear before we move and if not present I will be truly sorry and have no choice than to send back the gear lacking driver . 

appreciate every one understanding 🙏

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear @Tharun Kumar V this is a Fb+ level drive. i will remove you from RSVP . sorry dear.

Dear Friends 

RSVP now is closed 

Please find the convoy order below 

1.  M.Seidam                    

2. @Brett Eicher    

3. @Mike M.

4. @Harshal

5. @Senthil Kumar

6. @Gerrit Bus

7. @Ignacio Quindós

8. @Haitham Khattab

see you all Insha Allah sharp at 16:30 today  .

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

What a drive! It was fulfilled with little bit of everything.

Fast drives as well as technical dunes.

Ans the sunset view was amazing

I managed to get my Tundra stuck. 

And it was a fantastic learning.

The steering worked completely different when I went from 1200 to 1500 rpm.

• Like (+1) 1

Now you know the trick 😉and with bit more regular practice no one can stop you 😄

• Like (+1) 1

Dear friends 

@Brett Eicher  @Mike M. @Harshal@Senthil Kumar@Gerrit Bus@Ignacio Quindós @Haitham Khattab

Thank you a lot for joining the drive . Afternoon sunset catch up drives at the golden hour is one of my favourite after a long stressful workday..there is no match to this view when after it your senses becomes alert as the dark descends upon us 

1A3ADD3D-62F1-4D92-86C4-4DF495339018.jpeg.e36286df2ac8c26261ebb04e00b026e9.jpeg

It was of great pleasure meeting new friends and catching up with familiar and old ones .

every one was on time and straight away , after briefing , we headed fast  toward the falling sun through the first patch of technical dunes . While the sky still gold and blue we translocated to the next more difficult patch across the sabkha just to encounter our first refusal and sideway crest and by the time nice self assisted recovery done it was dark. now the night drive action start riding the longe range in gradual increasing pace but safe . Criss crossing all what came in front of us . The second side way stuck came and I had to return to check it up and it was also cleared quick  without the need of the rope. These moments when we get stuck are the moments where we refine the art and stir the team spirit to bring up solutions in at most safe manner . Well done all . 

taking the last limb of the C route with a tinch of super technical before the sakha leading to the pylon track and then to exit point . 

9928C757-2512-4CFB-B56D-FD4E71CA37C4.jpeg.a8d8194932e3ed339f37d3ac3533d996.jpeg

I have to say I have enjoyed it to the max especially with my bro in law who equally did and asked for even more 😅. Your wide smiles at the inflation point said it all of how great you drove and how smoothly enjoyed it . 

I wish every one a prosperous and happy new year with the first day of the new year sunrise . 

cheers 

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you very much for organising this drive @M.Seidam It was an absolute blast... beautiful area and night drives always add an element to the adventure. Very pleased your brother in law got to join in the fun... hopefully he's caught the offroading bug! 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use