•  
Advertise here

abnormal wear problem on the left front tire

Good morning,
I had the wheel alignment done last year when changing the front tires and it had already been difficult to do the adjustment. The front tyre is completely wear on the external side again after 1 year. I wonder if the person I bought the car from (a colleague) had had a shock during one of his desert expeditions. The mechanic in Abu Dhabi told me that the 2 (left and right) lower suspension arms should be changed. But I'm not sure if that will solve the problem! I need your advice

Hi @vince6485there is unfortunately a big difference between different alignment shops. I have tried multiple ones and always came back with different results. Make sure they use the laser alignment instrument while doing the alignment. 

It is indeed possible that worn bushings on the suspensions arms, or a slight dent in them, could throw off the alignment and result in the issue you are having. 

You have two options when changing the bushings of the suspensions ams:

1. Press out the old bushings and push in new ones (hard work and not many shops like doing this).

2. Replace the entire arm (more costly option but you will be sure the bushings are inserted properly).

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@vince6485 If the car was used for off roading, then there is a slight probability of having a bent front axle.

So, in addition to Fred's suggestions,  if the front axle is not reinforced, then have it checked.  Do this as the last option, and get the opinion at two places.

Hope this helps.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@vince6485 If the car was used for off roading, then there is a slight probability of having a bent front axle.

So, in addition to Fred's suggestions,  if the front axle is not reinforced, then have it checked.  Do this as the last option, and get the opinion at two places.

Hope this helps.

Car might be Y62, not a Y61 😁

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, vince6485 said:

@Frederic and @Mario Cornejo how could I check the front axle is bent or not ? if I am not aware of what could be done then I cannot verify that it is well done. The // were done last year with Laser system.

As your patrol is Y62 model (you mentioned front suspension arms) this is not possible. The bent axle is only a probability on the Y61 models.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

As your patrol is Y62 model (you mentioned front suspension arms) this is not possible. The bent axle is only a probability on the Y61 models.

Hehe! Excuse the confusion. Indeed the axle issue is possible on Y61s only, not in Y62s.

Cheers!