•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - "Road to Level Next" - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 29 July 2023

“Desert remembers every footprint that crosses it” - if this is true, no one can claim to be an off-roader in UAE, unless has left a mark on the dunes of Shuwaib.

So coming weekend, let’s us all pay ode to all the off-roaders who have transversed through these beautiful dunes while leaving our own prints on the golden beautiful sand dunes at Shuwaib. 

General Overview

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus and Above 

When:  29th July'2023, Saturday.

Meeting time: 5:15 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/15Vvob4crExiKKAQ7

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - "Road to Level Next" - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 29 July 2023

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for RSVPing for the drive. We have a really solid convoy with some regulars and some friends I haven’t met in long time.  I am really looking forward to see you all this weekend - for an adventure through the crazy dunes of Shuwaib. 

Believe most of you have been to area, for those new to it - Shuwaib is known for its crazy steep climbs and some scary drops.  Last time we were there, we scaled around 1.3Km of climbs - let’s see where we land this time. So gear up for a fun adventure.

Some tips before we meet this weekend

1. Ensure your vehicles are in perfect health. 

2. Unless fully convinced about yours and your vehicles climbing ability, avoid passengers for this drive. Keep the vehicle light and mind free of distractions. 

3. Ensure your off road gears are in order. 

4. Most important of all, ensure you are well rested and hydrated for the drive. Let sat night be the Friday night this weekend 😀.

See you all this Saturday. 

@Gertjan @Arda Yagcioglu @Beide Worku @Hugo @Jaro Tuzinsky @Brett Eicher @Mohit Gurnani @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Salim Akhtar @Mark B

• Like (+1) 4

On 7/26/2023 at 11:41 AM, Brett Eicher said:

Sorry @Varun Mehndiratta I have to remove myself. Issues with my differentials that needs sorting 😭

Will miss you buddy. 

Welcome onboard @Gary F and @Beide Worku, you have been added to the drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks @Varun Mehndiratta , I was gonna do an intermediate but I got new rubber to test.

Impressions so far, not every road feels like I’m driving on gravel.  

IMG_8876.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Gary F said:

Thanks @Varun Mehndiratta , I was gonna do an intermediate but I got new rubber to test.

Impressions so far, not every road feels like I’m driving on gravel.  

IMG_8876.jpeg

Nice! Geolanders are highly rated! Nearly went for them myself when I got my tires! What size are the 285? 

@Mark B yes YOKOHAMA LT285/70R17 10 plys. Couldn’t push for a wheel And didn’t want to start on any other upgrades.

7 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Nice! Geolanders are highly rated! Nearly went for them myself when I got my tires! What size are the 285? 

Just now, Gary F said:

@Mark B yes YOKOHAMA LT285/70R17 10 plys. Couldn’t push for a wheel And didn’t want to start on any other upgrades.

Yeah definitely best place to start! First thing I did after a dead pedal lol great tires and love the white text! 😎 

should go for an old skool look! Would be super slick with your setup

Just now, Mark B said:

Yeah definitely best place to start! First thing I did after a dead pedal lol great tires and love the white text! 😎 

should go for an old skool look! Would be super slick with your setup

Like this would be bad ass 😃😃

E2FCFEAA-F275-4632-AF46-F5DF4D504ECD.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

You have no idea I have looked at that scrambler photo many a time . Also Considering (minus the JP logo)

IMG_8873.png

2 minutes ago, Gary F said:

You have no idea I have looked at that scrambler photo many a time . Also Considering (minus the JP logo)

IMG_8873.png

Haha love it! Great minds mate, I love the scrambler look with some KCs 😍😍😍

Plus you could get your wheels done in bronze for like 600 dibs in paint or a bit more for powder coat and would look pretty much like the ones in the picture 🤗

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use