•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 01 Oct 2023

Looper

Tawi Nazwa Thrills IV.jpg

DRIVE PLAN

This Sunday, which happens to be a long weekend let's meet at Tawi Nazwa to wrap up. In this terrain we won't find any area that is barred of tracks. But we have a fantastic opportunity to revisit those tracks on a fast-paced drive through those dunes starting at Tawi Nazwa and ending at Big Red. The Drive will be quick in more ways than one.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.   

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above
When: 01 October 2023, Sunday
Meeting time:  6:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/AqkCdd2BnLTEiVtC7
Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@Mohammad Sayawoush Azad  - this is a Fewbie drive and I see that you are still a Newbie with the club. You may join the following drive as per your convenience:

@Looper I have submitted the request for upgrading to fewbie by submitting the self declaration as I have been doing this for a while now. I am new to this club so dont knkw how long it will take for that upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1

@Mohammad Sayawoush Azad noted yours, but as of now promotion has not been confirmed.It should come by soon. If however not confirmed by Saturday, please consider joining a newbie drive.

@Issam Atra, @Sreenath G & @Haneef Thayyil for a couple of you it is going to be back-to-back drives with me. Tawi Nazwa is a place where inevitably the drives are going to be fast paced due to the terrain. We might go towards 2nd December cafe and check out a few dunes, but we will mostly confine ourselves between the dunes of Camel Rock and Big Red. There are many tall dunes, and we will perhaps check every one of them out. 

Do also double check your calendar, make good excuses, if necessary, in case you have any commitments that you are trying to ignore and be ready. We will publish the convoy order later on Saturday afternoon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Looper I have taken the liberty to add myself to the drive as there seems to be a few slots available and the time to finalize your convoy is drawing nearer.
But I’m tentative as yet as not aware of family commitments and can confirm by evening.
Is this ok to do? Please advice. Hope I will not be a disappointment if I cancel back by evening. Please advice if this is acceptable. 

Edited by Lalaji
  • Like (+1) 1

Good morning, @Looper! I'm experiencing some difficulties with my car's starting, and I suspect it's due to a battery issue. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to make the drive today.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use