•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Hayer - Into The Great Unknown - Abu-Dhabi - 7 Oct 2023

Frederic

DRIVE PLAN

Hidden from plain sight, and tucked in-between some farms, we have some terrain that's been hardly explored. Expect nice clean dunes with very tricky soft areas. 

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie Plus and Above
  • When: 07 October  2023, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  6AM - Deflated and Ready to go 
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ceUZYVufQRRKXhFy5
  • Approximate finish time: 10AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday 8AM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Strange it's Friday and no one dropped off yet from the list.

Sincerely, the WaitListed One 😅

• Haha (+1) 2

@Frans M I just noticed your last drive was in June of this year. I would highly recommend you get used to the sands again by doing a Fewbie level drive first, as this one will be a fast-paced one.

Will leave the decision up to you and will leave you in the convoy list. Think about it and let me know.

Thanks

image.png.575255ce7eff2ceb4a1903bbe0af0a5a.png

@Naveen Raj@Frans M@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke@Rk ram@Ahmad Nerat@Patrick van der Loo@Gary F@Jona@Zulfikhar Naiyar@Karthik_LC200@Anoop Nair@Mus_hus78@Zed

Good morning all !

Please find the convoy list for tomorrow morning attached here. We will be using Channel 4 - 446.081Mhz.

I would recommend not to bring any passengers along as this will be a fast-paced rollercoaster style of drive if all goes to plan.  

See you all tomorrow :) 

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Frederic said:

image.png.575255ce7eff2ceb4a1903bbe0af0a5a.png

@Naveen Raj@Frans M@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke@Rk ram@Ahmad Nerat@Patrick van der Loo@Gary F@Jona@Zulfikhar Naiyar@Karthik_LC200@Anoop Nair@Mus_hus78@Zed

Good morning all !

Please find the convoy list for tomorrow morning attached here. We will be using Channel 4 - 446.081Mhz.

I would recommend not to bring any passengers along as this will be a fast-paced rollercoaster style of drive if all goes to plan.  

See you all tomorrow :) 

Need to cancel AGAIN on you @Frederic. Car has overnight decided to dump coolant all over my parking sport so looks like I'll be spending tomorrow at the mechanic. 😢😢😢

IMG-20231006-WA0012.jpg

• Sad (0) 2

@Frederic even for seasoned co pilots with strong stomachs ?

2 minutes ago, Gary F said:

@Frederic even for seasoned co pilots with strong stomachs ?

Seasoned co-pilots will be fine :) 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Rollercoaster ready:

IMG-2164.jpg?dl=1

• Haha (+1) 3

@Frederic noted with your suggestions.  I had been busy with overseas travel these two months and no opportunity to join offroad drives. Will remove myself from this list. Thanks.

Edited by Frans M
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use