•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 06 Jan 2024

JeromeFJ

@AnasArif @Ahmed Farouk @Mahmut @Feras_Sh @Ranjan Das @Robk @Ben Lee @DanielN @Andrei S 

You are confirmed for this drive from Tawi Nizwa.

@Simon D will share the lead and support with me. Expect a nice variety of terrains, some technical portions, open dunes, a few high climbs and beautiful desert views. As we are in the peak period, we might cross other convoys and for sure we will have cross tracks in most places, but there is lots of space to enjoy and have fun.

We will publish the convoy order by the end of the afternoon. In the meantime, let me know if you changed your plans or cannot attend. Stay tuned !

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Ahmed Farouk said:

Hi guys, unfortunately I’ll not be able to join the drive, something came up at work, enjoy 

Dear @Ahmed Farouk no issue , just remove your RSVP from the drive and hope to see you on the next one 

• Simon D changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 06 Jan 2024

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Simon D @AnasArif @Mahmut @Feras_Sh @Ranjan Das @Robk @Ben Lee @DanielN @Andrei S 

Last update for tomorrow

Meeting at 7:00 am at Tawi Nizwa  https://maps.app.goo.gl/8h8yf4zznDE4jQbJ6

The convoy order will be posted soon by Simon (but you can have an idea...).

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4.

Take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

PS : Flu and COVID are roaming around, please refrain from hugging and shaking hands, and consider masks if we are close together during a recovery.

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desert Warriors ,

@Andrei S @Mahmut @Robk @Ben Lee @AnasArif @DanielN  @Feras_Sh @Ranjan Das

I hope you are all ready and excited to start your weekend with tomorrow's drive . Please be on time and well rested and  prepared yourself and your cars. 

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/8h8yf4zznDE4jQbJ6

Meeting time is 07:00 AM Sharp

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4.

The convoy order will be as the following :

image.png.eebac0b18b5874b873148aa89aa71919.png

• Like (+1) 4

Hello, 

Thank you for adding me in the list, unfortunately, I will not be able to join. 

My relatives are coming tomorrow morning from India. 

So sorry 

I will be removing my name from the list. 

Thank you  @Mahmut @Robk @Ben Lee @Feras_Sh @Ranjan Das

for Joining the drive yesterday . Shortly after the briefing and the warm up we slowly practiced the proper criss crossing , ridge ridding  and side slopping  techniques afterwards we moved into some larger and softer  dunes afterwards moving forward towards the the pink Rock  .

We had an unfortunate incidence that a paraglider slammed into the top of the pink rock as we were very close to him we had to move in and assist him thank fully he seemed lucky not to have a major injury . I am sorry for the time i had to keep you waiting till we go him down the dune. 

Also, special thanks to @Robk for volunteering to put the pilot and the machine in his car . 

also thanks to @Ranjan Dasfor supporting and sweeping the convoy. 

finally a warmly thank you to @JeromeFJ for making this drive possible 

I hope you all enjoyed the drive and looking forward to see you on the next one soon 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use