•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 25th Feb 2024

Davie Chase

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Newbie drive, meeting in Sharjah next to big red, please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm and an abundance of willingness to learn with you.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Level:  Newbie and above

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/NDqf4w9FWMVyaqvt7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water & snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 1 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. 

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 25th Feb 2024

@rroker welcome to the Carnity family, as we prepare for Sundays newbie drive and as a new member to the club please introduce yourself using the below bullet points if not already done so:

• Let us know if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • Please also watch the MUST WATCH Newbie video briefing at the link below prior to the drive

https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek

8 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

@rroker welcome to the Carnity family, as we prepare for Sundays newbie drive and as a new member to the club please introduce yourself using the below bullet points if not already done so:

• Please also watch the MUST WATCH Newbie video briefing at the link below prior to the drive

Hello @Davie Chase,

I am Rizwan, thank you for the welcome.

• I have a Mitsubishi Pajero, 3.5 LWB, White, 2017
  • I have been to the desert couple of times for camping trips but I am a complete newbie as far as off-roading is concerned.
  • My vehicle has front and rear tow hooks.
  • I don't have a radio or a flag but will purchase both as well as most of the off-roading essentials before Sunday. I will update this post and confirm once I have acquired the necessary gear.
  • I have watched the newbie video briefing, it was very quite helpful.

I am excited to be part of this community and looking forward to the drive on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, rroker said:

Hello @Davie Chase,

I am Rizwan, thank you for the welcome.

• I have a Mitsubishi Pajero, 3.5 LWB, White, 2017
  • I have been to the desert couple of times for camping trips but I am a complete newbie as far as off-roading is concerned.
  • My vehicle has front and rear tow hooks.
  • I don't have a radio or a flag but will purchase both as well as most of the off-roading essentials before Sunday. I will update this post and confirm once I have acquired the necessary gear.
  • I have watched the newbie video briefing, it was very quite helpful.

I am excited to be part of this community and looking forward to the drive on Sunday.

@rroker please read the following article by Frederick, we strongly advise all members to pre program their radios as we occasionally need to change channels mid drive due to interference and other anomalies, below is the link to guide you as to how to program your radio and the frequencies we at Carnity use. On Sunday we will be using Ch4 (446.081)

• Thanks (+1) 1

@dhurisam welcome to the Carnity family, as we prepare for Sundays newbie drive and as a new member to the club please introduce yourself using the below bullet points if not already done so:

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you in the sand on Sunday 

Dear Desert Wanderers, @Arravind, @rroker, @dhurisam, @TIMMY, @EbrahimZAF, @Benjamin, @Fares Adel, @Wilfredo Perez, @Juzer Talib, @karim hamandi and @Srikumar

The drive RSVP is now closed. Please remove yourself if your plans have changed and you are unable to attend this drive.

Pre-drive Details:

• Be ready at the Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/NDqf4w9FWMVyaqvt7 by7:00am (or before) with tires deflated (14psi HT and 12psi AT) and flag erected
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, programmed to all 9 Carnity Channels, fully charged and set to Channel 4 (446,081) for this particular drive.
  • For first timers, please ensure you complete all of the mandatory readings and watch the video in the main drive post before arriving at the meeting point (there might be questions).
  • Please do not worry about anything as a full pre drive briefing will be conducted on the sand before we start moving. 
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects, please ensure that you are using cargo straps and not bungy type restraints.
  • Please check all car fluids (Oil, Coolant, Brake Fluid, etc), tow hooks are essential front and back, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • Please ensure you come with a full tank of fuel (as much as possible).
  • Ensure you have all the necessary gear for this drive level especially your tire deflator, pressure gauge, compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • Be ready to have fun and we will see you all in the sand bright eyed and bushy tailed on Sunday morning.
  • Convoy Order Will Be As Below: 

image.png

• Thanks (+1) 1

I am not able to edit my previous post, so I am posting an update here.

I have the radio, flag and essential gear for Sunday's drive.

Also, I have programmed the radio as per the instructions posted by @Davie Chase.

I will see you all on Sunday 🚗.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers, @dhurisam, @TIMMY, @rroker@EbrahimZAF, @Benjamin, @Fares Adel, @Wilfredo Perez, @Juzer Talib, @karim hamandi and @Srikumar

We have had a couple of withdrawals so the new convoy order will be as below 

see you all tomorrow in the sand 

IMG_1697.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use