Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa'a Done Right - Abu Dhabi - 25 Feb 2024

Looper

Another casualty from this drive, I've lost two bolts and a spacer for my bash plate. (Remaining drivers side one pictured)

every bump I go over has the plate banging against the sway bar and making a ping pong ball sound.... Off to the hardware store tonight for some more home repairs.

😵‍💫🫨

PXL_20240227_102839291.jpg

PXL_20240227_102831291.jpg

Edited by PAJERO petelczyc luke
  • Sad (0) 1

5 minutes ago, PAJERO petelczyc luke said:

Another casualty from this drive, I've lost two bolts and a spacer for my bash plate. (Remaining drivers side one pictured)

every bump I go over has the plate banging against the sway bar and making a ping pong ball sound.... Off to the hardware store tonight for some more home repairs.

😵‍💫🫨

PXL_20240227_102839291.jpg

PXL_20240227_102831291.jpg

Those fixed anchor nuts on the Pajero strip out really easy, best option is to drill and tap for a bigger bolt or take the plate off and weld in some decent nuts to bolt to.

• Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

Those fixed anchor nuts on the Pajero strip out really easy, best option is to drill and tap for a bigger bolt or take the plate off and weld in some decent nuts to bolt to.

Thanks for the tip.

Might be time to YouTube how to weld 😎

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PAJERO petelczyc luke said:

Thanks for the tip.

Might be time to YouTube how to weld 😎

Always a new skill to learn 😂, I lost a bash plate bolt as well on that drive 😜

• Haha (+1) 1

@PAJERO petelczyc luke sad to see so much damage to your car. I thought on most parts it was a smooth drive and in case of bumps I informed on the radio as soon as possible as well. As a second lead you must/should have good visibility on what the lead is doing and take precautions whenever you see any bumps and bounces. Hope you sort out all the issues with ease. 

don't drive like its your last one.

11 minutes ago, Looper said:

@PAJERO petelczyc luke sad to see so much damage to your car. I thought on most parts it was a smooth drive and in case of bumps I informed on the radio as soon as possible as well. As a second lead you must/should have good visibility on what the lead is doing and take precautions whenever you see any bumps and bounces. Hope you sort out all the issues with ease. 

I have a string feeling Al habtoor didn't bolt it back on properly after service on Friday. All the bolts are very very loose.

Important Information

Terms of use